Tuesday, December 7, 2021 by kona0197 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk
So over the last month I have tried Windows 11 about 5 times. Each time I tried it for a few days. My computer is less then a year old and meets all the requirements to run 11. However, it's just not ready for me to use as a daily driver. Here's why:
* System colors. The taskbar is set in 11 to be all black. Yet it never shows up as a true black like in 10, it's always just one or two shades lighter. Using the latest video drivers from Intel for my Intel 610 integrated graphics card did not work. The system has no issues showing a true black in 10.
*Taskbar icons. On 10 the 9 apps I have pinned to the taskbar show up as super detailed high definition icons. On 11 they look like 16 bit video game quality icons, grainy, and out of focus. This by far is my biggest gripe.
* Fonts. I usually set the fonts to large on 10 because in my old age my eyesight is going south. In 10, everything is made bigger. In 11, even with the font upsized, the clock, trash bin context menu, and desktop text is so small I can't read it without turning on a magnifying assistant.
* Folders. In 10 the contents of a folder or shown as thumbnails. 11 did away with that. While I am sure I could get used to it over time, I much prefer the folders in my File Explorer to show a thumbnail or two to give me a hint of what's inside.
* Boot times. 11 boots quick, but going from the login screen to the desktop takes 3 times longer then 10. Not really a deal breaker, just very aggravating.
* Start menu. I have no use for a Start Menu that just has pinned apps and recent documents. In 10 I get rid of the live tiles and shrink the app list down so when I click on Start all I get is a list of apps. I did solve this issue by purchasing Start11.
So I'm just gonna use 10 for the foreseeable future until they fix the issues I have. I assume down the road a newer version of 11 will work better along with an updated video driver.
Is anyone else sticking to 10?
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!