I am a free American

Freedom isn't free, you have to want it badly.

Monday, September 21, 2009 by messiah1 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

I do not choose to be a common person. It is my right to be uncommon. If I can seek opportunity, not security, I want to take the calculated risk to dream and build, to fail and to succeed. I refuse to barter incentive for dole. I prefer the challenges of life to guaranteed security, the thrill of fulfillment to the state of calm utopia. I will not trade freedom for beneficence, or my dignity for a handout. I will never cower before any master. It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid. To think and act for myself, enjoy the benefit of my creations; to face the whole world boldly and say, "I am a free American."

Freedom requires a moral society.  We've lost them somewhere.

Freedom requires our leadership and representatives to be dedicated to preserving our Freedom and to serve the people with honor. - Not happening at all.

Freedom requires an informed society – people must have information to elect and manage their citizen representatives. - Would be interesting to see what percentage of the fiddy2ers voted for der Fuhrer based on the sole fact that he is black.  That's not a racist question.  It's a question meant to find out how many people actually voted, possibly for the first time ever, just to get a black president in office.

Freedom requires a Free Press to sound the alarm when our Freedom is threatened. - The press is the mouth of Government...it is not free.

Wake up people.  Take action.  Take back this country of ours.  How many of you can honestly say you've read the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution?  If you haven't, you are ignorant.  Plain and simple.  Get a free copy today.  It's free.  No reason you shoulnd't get one.  It's FREE.  http://www.askheritage.org/Premium.aspx  This should be required reading in all high schools.  But it's not.  Why is that?

teddybearcholla
Reply #1 Monday, September 21, 2009 8:38 AM

This should be required reading in all high schools. But it's not. Why is that?
It was when I was in high school, but I don't know about now.

Excellent post messiah, thank you very much for the link!

Grayghost2348
Reply #2 Monday, September 21, 2009 8:57 AM

Totally agree with post Messiah

Hawkeye666
Reply #3 Monday, September 21, 2009 9:00 AM

Totally disagree with your post.

Back up your tin hat claims with some facts.

What laws are trying to take away your religious freedom? By the way many honest hard working Americans do not beleive in your god. And the first amendment protects us from you making us either beleive or having our children polluted by superstition.

You call Obama der Fuhrer? Wow, once again your rational mind is overpowering. I surprised you didn't call him the anti-christ while you were at it.

I suppose your idea of free press is loud mouthed, greedy, power-mad freaks like Limbaugh and Beck.

You want to know what's wrong with America? Hatred, fear, ignorance and reactionary superstitions.

It is sad that so many well intentioned people actually listen to the lies and filth spued by the militant right wingers. I'm sure there's a nice compound somewhere in Idaho just waiting for you.

messiah1
Reply #4 Monday, September 21, 2009 9:12 AM

Hawkeye666
Totally disagree with your post.

And obviously you didn't even practice what you preach. The First amendment says exactly, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Not as you so conveniently reworded it to somehow support some religious agenda you seem to have. But you did put it in quotes like you knew what you were talking about. Or was it to fool those who wouldn't check your facts. You see that is what informed citizens do.

You want to play this game, you better actually read the constitution first. Or is it ok to interpret it as you wish much like so many Christians do the Bible?

You ever hear of the word paraphrasing?  The point of that statement is that freedom requires a moral society...anything after that can be removed...Many people believe that without religion, you aren't moral but that isn't true.  I am a moral person.  And I am not religious.  (before you ask H666, dig for the reason behind my name) I originally left that first point as it was written on the linked site.  I've edited it to drive the moral issue home.

Oh, and I don't preach and I don't have a religeous agenda as some around here would fill you in on.  But I do practice what I belive in.  I've read the Constitution, and I don't listen to Beck or Limbaugh.   Have a nice day.

drneuro
Reply #5 Monday, September 21, 2009 9:41 AM

Yawn.  Good for you.

messiah1
Reply #6 Monday, September 21, 2009 9:47 AM

Yawn. Good for you.

Go back to sleep.

vStyler
Reply #7 Monday, September 21, 2009 10:00 AM

Excellent post. Handouts, entitlements, handholding, 'community organizing' (thats a freakin joke) apathy, appeasement.. etc  all ruining this country.

How about a hand UP then make your own way like many generations have done before us. It sickens me to see whats going on in this country today.

Oh and Hawkeye.. your waaaay off. Fact is , it is just that kind of liberal outlook on real americans that is going to get all of you kicked out of office...soooon....not a minute too soon either.

As far as hatred, look at your own post.

Lastly, as far as I'm concerned this country needs more people like the OP.

Yawn

yea, go on back to sleep

mickeko
Reply #8 Monday, September 21, 2009 10:31 AM

I do not choose to be a common person. It is my right to be uncommon.

I'm afraid that can never be entirely true. Nature (not only human, it goes beyond that, it's nature in all) doesn't really approve of anything that is too different. There has always been a natural selection, and I don't think we can make that go away. If you're too different you'll inevitably become an outcast. The majority of human kind are still essentially cavemen, responding to signals that are obsoleted by modern society (essentially fit in or get out).

Nature doesn't give a damn about your moral rights. I'm sure we'll evolve beyond the influence of nature at some point, but I wouldn't think it will happen anytime soon.

I'm not saying I disagree with the post though. And I certainly don't mean we all should just lie down and give up either. It's worth fighting for. But the fruits of our work today may not be apparent in our lifetime.

MadDeez
Reply #9 Monday, September 21, 2009 10:45 AM

no more poltical threads for me

messiah1
Reply #10 Monday, September 21, 2009 10:47 AM

But the fruits of our work today may not be apparent in our lifetime.

But if they are apparent for the lives of our children and their children, then it's worth it.  And that's what I'm fighting for.

Fuzzy Logic
Reply #11 Monday, September 21, 2009 11:02 AM

Real Americans? Real Americans are an oppressed minority. The rest are a bunch of mongrels no one else wanted and who seem to have gotten the idea they are better than everyone else.

False euphoria to create a sense of patriotism - It's really sad when people do that.

Grayghost2348
Reply #12 Monday, September 21, 2009 11:21 AM

Let me restate my view....I totally agree with going back to the original bill of rights and constitution but totally against name calling ect. from any side......

mickeko
Reply #13 Monday, September 21, 2009 1:01 PM

messiah1

But the fruits of our work today may not be apparent in our lifetime.

It's a shame it's about being "a free american" rather than a free sentient being though... There's a huge difference, where one might actually lead to world peace, and the other to a strong nation.

messiah1
Reply #14 Monday, September 21, 2009 1:36 PM

We've got to start somewhere...

mickeko
Reply #15 Monday, September 21, 2009 1:43 PM

messiah1

We've got to start somewhere...

As in at home?

messiah1
Reply #16 Monday, September 21, 2009 1:47 PM

mickeko

Quoting messiah1,
reply 14

We've got to start somewhere...

As in at home?

Thats right.  Each of us needs to start with ourselves and our families.  Families are the anchor of a free society.  If you mean at home as in your home country, then yes as well.  There is no reason that each country can't be great.  This country was nothing when it started.

mickeko
Reply #17 Monday, September 21, 2009 1:55 PM

messiah1

This country was nothing when it started.

But it was something... I think it would have been *very* interesting to see what it could have been today if the europeans never got there. But that's a whole different discussion though.

messiah1
Reply #18 Monday, September 21, 2009 2:23 PM

mickeko

Quoting messiah1,
reply 16

This country was nothing when it started.

I met literally America as the concept of a country.  I do however agree that it would have been interesting to see what developed here without outside influences.

vStyler
Reply #19 Monday, September 21, 2009 2:27 PM

yeah, those european scoundrels ruined everything... 'cept the English of course.. that wouldn't have been... proper?

k10w3
Reply #20 Monday, September 21, 2009 4:28 PM

messiah1

...(before you ask H666, dig for the reason behind my name) .

Now you have me very curious.  I've tried a 15-minute search of the forums and Google and I'm coming up with nothing.  For those of us know don't know, would you mind explaining it?