What's so great about twitter?

Because I just don't get it.

Friday, May 1, 2009 by Brysgirl | Discussion: Community

I have heard so much hype about "Twitter" so, I decided to try it. After a couple days, I just don't see the point. I realize that I must be missing something. So, if there is any one out there who is a twitterer or just has an opinion about it, please share with us your thoughts.

Fuzzy Logic
Reply #1 Friday, May 1, 2009 1:49 PM

You're not missing anything, it is pointless

vStyler
Reply #2 Friday, May 1, 2009 1:56 PM

'Tweeting' is perhaps the most annoying term ever made mainstream online.

Ausvet
Reply #3 Friday, May 1, 2009 2:04 PM

Twitter is for Twits.

What is the point in saying on Twitter  "I am working on my computer right now"-  what else would or could you be doing. Discovery Science Twitter Docu last night said over 80% of users stop using it within 3 weeks - for me it is an instantly forgettable little programme.

Mirsguy
Reply #4 Friday, May 1, 2009 2:23 PM

I joined Twitter last night to try to help Brysgirl figure it out. It seems like the stupidist most pointless use of webspace known to man. I'll be cancelling my account.

Brysgirl
Reply #5 Friday, May 1, 2009 2:23 PM

I agree with all of you. I deleted my account and moved on with my life.

Mirsguy
Reply #6 Friday, May 1, 2009 2:24 PM

or just has an opinion about it

I have no real opinion at all.

divyasugar
Reply #7 Friday, May 1, 2009 2:32 PM

I stopped using it in just one day. I registered used for a day then forgot my id/pwd.

Orkut is much better.

Reply #8 Friday, May 1, 2009 2:51 PM

Haven't changed my opinion of it. HERE

Vampothika
Reply #9 Friday, May 1, 2009 6:11 PM

i think its hyped cause the 'celebs' use it.......... eh...im not into celeb stuff anyway unless it concerns wolverine...i wont be joining twitter, havent even had the inclination too.....

angus1949
Reply #10 Friday, May 1, 2009 6:34 PM

Twitter?  I can't even stand Facebook.  I guess the older I get the more tech-retarded I become.

EDIT..Sorry My bad.

Wizard1956
Reply #11 Friday, May 1, 2009 6:37 PM

I don't ever cheep,twitter,or tweet.

You won't see me log,clog or blog.

I hang out here where life is sweet

And play with toys made by a frog.

Nimbin
Reply #12 Friday, May 1, 2009 7:32 PM

the only reason twitter is even mentioned is because some idiot celebrities use it. Myself i think it is totally pointless. I went to the site, I registered and within 5 minutes i realized how dumb it was , I left.

LightStar
Reply #13 Friday, May 1, 2009 7:35 PM

Twitter is a waste of time.  No use for it whatsoever really.

PoSmedley
Reply #14 Friday, May 1, 2009 8:15 PM

There is an electronic billboard on I-26 between work and my house.

It has an ad.

It says 'Follow Ashton Kutcher'

Then has his Twitter address.

It's very stylish with a black background and bold white lettering.

And of course, the Twitter logo /bird in the lower right corner.

I will be taking hostages tomorow because it must STOP.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to follow this on Twitter.

I suppose I am just deeply disturbed at the image of Demi, with her fake ta-ta's, walking in the door and asking her boy-toy-arttard what he Twitted today.

Nimbin
Reply #15 Friday, May 1, 2009 9:05 PM

all i can say is thank god that twitter is web site based and not an actual application because then we would be inundated by morons wanting a gallery for skins. We should start a twitter haters club.

Uvah
Reply #16 Friday, May 1, 2009 9:54 PM

I never tried it. For some reason those social sites leave much to be desired. I'd rather do what wizard 1956 said...play with the frog. At least he makes sense.

Brysgirl
Reply #17 Friday, May 1, 2009 11:21 PM

Oh, good. I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw it as a waste of time. With all the rave over it, I thought surely I was missing the point. When really there is none.

starkers
Reply #18 Friday, May 1, 2009 11:24 PM

I simply could not be bothered with Twitter or any other social network site.  If I want to communicate with lunatics and weirdos (and there's a few here) I visit WC... which clearly has a much better class of lunatic/weirdo.  Moreover, the weidros and lunatics here share my passion for skinning and desktop customisation... the celebs have a different skin obsession, wrinkle free plastic skin and fake ta-tas that are sickeningly (um???) perfect.  Nope, not for me.

messiah1
Reply #19 Friday, May 1, 2009 11:37 PM

I visit WC... which clearly has a much better class of lunatic/weirdo.

Vampothika
Reply #20 Saturday, May 2, 2009 12:19 AM

We should start a twitter haters club.

lets start making the shirts now nim........i luv it..... muaahahha!!!!!!!!