Windows 11 (Windows Insider Program Dev channel )

Fences seems to be working ok on Insider Dev channel edition of Windows 11

Wednesday, July 7, 2021 by don5318 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Ok, after doing a "clean" install of Dev channel edition of Windows 11, and reloading Fences (version 3.0.9.11) it seems to be working ok, no lock ups, no Explorer (looping) errors, granted,  it's only been a few days, but it's working fine.

GalexyTales
Reply #1 Thursday, July 8, 2021 2:06 AM

I've installed this too, I have a few but use mainly Deskscapes but had to uninstall it - lockups and looping errors as you mention rendered W11 unusable. Not sure about a 'clean install.'

RedneckDude
Reply #2 Thursday, July 8, 2021 5:48 PM

I found out that maybe ObjectDock works on Win11 at a MS forum while looking into multi monitor taskbar issues.

Windows 11 multi monitor taskbar not working properly - Microsoft Tech Community

I am not doing any promotion, i just want to give temporary solution to those guys who want to use window 11 (not want to go back to window 10) but facing this issue. I have search alot to find this temporary solution. If it help, give a like."
GalexyTales
Reply #3 Thursday, July 8, 2021 6:49 PM

I work most days quite indulgently with 4x screens, enjoy Deskscapes, and I've found W10 very efficient, so I rolled back. I'm a Windows guy so no hard feelings, but I'm not that keen and this version is not ready for prime time. The reduced taskbar is awful.

RedneckDude
Reply #4 Thursday, July 8, 2021 7:58 PM

The start button and start menu can be left justified in settings.

don5318
Reply #5 Thursday, July 8, 2021 8:50 PM

GalexyTales

Of course it's not ready for Primte Time, it's in Development still, it'll be this fall sometime, on a final release.

starkers
Reply #6 Friday, July 9, 2021 7:28 PM

I am a member of the 'insider program but I've decided to wait for the official release of Win 11.  It's not that far away that I can't wait, so yeah, when it appears in the MS store is when I'll get it.  I once was an early adopter, but these days I prefer the more tried and true and hopefully skip a few bugs here and there.

RedneckDude
Reply #7 Friday, July 9, 2021 10:46 PM

starkers

Wussy....lol.

Just kidding Mark.

starkers
Reply #8 Saturday, July 10, 2021 6:33 AM

Yeah, no worries, old mate.  Must admit, though, I have gone a bit soft in my old age.... in more ways than one.  Won't go into the specifics, but I do have muscles that once got hard when I flexed 'em.  Now I try to flex 'em and they go on strike.

Then there was the time the doctor held onto my unmentionables and asked me to cough,  Put it this way, I was just as surprised and perplexed as he was when there was an echo of Julie Andrews 'Lonely Goat Herder' resonating throughout the room.

Dcrew57
Reply #9 Saturday, July 10, 2021 11:26 AM

[/quote][quote who="starkers" reply="8" id="3811473"]
Then there was the time the doctor held onto my unmentionables and asked me to cough, Put it this way, I was just as surprised and perplexed as he was when there was an echo of Julie Andrews 'Lonely Goat Herder' resonating throughout the room.

LMAO!

silverfox491
Reply #10 Saturday, July 10, 2021 3:49 PM

Winstep seems to work well on windows 11.

GalexyTales
Reply #11 Sunday, July 11, 2021 12:34 AM

Haha, yes, I was perhaps a bit keen and set in my ways. I had a few Vista flashbacks, perhaps that was it.

AceMatrix
Reply #12 Sunday, July 11, 2021 12:37 PM

starkers

LOL....that's funny right there !!

okvb
Reply #13 Sunday, July 11, 2021 1:09 PM

I just upgrated from W10 to W11; Fences & Deskscape 10 seem to be working fine !

Left Justified Start Menu (Does Start 10 Work ? Not yet tried !)

silverfox491
Reply #14 Sunday, July 11, 2021 6:12 PM

Start 10 seems to be working ok.

okvb
Reply #15 Sunday, July 11, 2021 6:43 PM

& Cursor XP !

don5318
Reply #16 Sunday, July 11, 2021 7:04 PM

silverfox491

Start 10 seems to be working ok.

Hmmmm, just installed it, and it's not working for me, unless there's some kind of special settings, I've missed, made changes to the start menu (via Start10) and nothing, enabled the "Show icons as tiles split into", nothing, tried "Allocate room for at least (12 ) icons, and again, nothing, moved start menu to the left, still nothing, so I'm not sure, what's working on your end.

I'm running a 5th Gen i7 system, OS build is Windows (11) Insider Dev Channel 22000.65 co_release.

RedneckDude
Reply #17 Sunday, July 11, 2021 7:08 PM

I have about decided that I don't want 11 to look like 7.  I'm kinda liking it mostly as is.

silverfox491
Reply #18 Sunday, July 11, 2021 7:39 PM

When I apply a windowblind only for the start menu, and winstep together, the start menu is start 10. That's how I got it to work.

starkers
Reply #19 Monday, July 12, 2021 12:31 AM

RedneckDude

From what I've seen of Win 11 thus far, without actually having installed it, I must admit that it looks far better than any previous Windows version.  However, being me, I am likely to get bored with it after a while and will want to change the UI, icons and cursors on a regular basis.  In any event, I will wait until Win 11 has been around some time before crossing that bridge.

RedneckDude
Reply #20 Monday, July 12, 2021 11:54 AM

Windows 11 menus and settings look a lot like android.