Pricing of premium content.

- and the reason for not complaining about it.

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 by JanOscar | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

I have given this some thoughts lately, since the matter seems to come up too often for the wrong reasons and I also admit to be one of the many seeing this the wrong way and for which I'm sorry. Try to think about it the next time you are shopping. You see a nice cake and the price is $10. It's not that nice, you tell the baker, but I'm willing to give you $5! Seriously? The point is there is no way you are in your right to decide the pricing for any merchandise or work in this world. That is for the artist, baker, craftsman or whoever is making you the possibility and offer to buy their product. You can argue about it, but that doesn't mean you are right or in your right to do so.

There are a LOT of free content here at Wincustomize/Stardock to satisfy most of their customers & visitors. If you don't like the price of a product you want, don't buy it. Spend your money elsewhere where you and the seller agree on the price - not a price decided only by your opinion.

Respect the artists right to get paid for their work.

LightStar
Reply #1 Tuesday, May 12, 2020 11:38 AM

Thanks for posting this Yrgal!

JanOscar
Reply #2 Tuesday, May 12, 2020 11:51 AM

LightStar

Thanks for posting this Yrgal!
You're welcome! It's more than fair to say that you had a part in me posting this. After reading a comment on your AlienZ, the ball finally started rolling again because I almost posted about this a while ago.

don5318
Reply #3 Tuesday, May 12, 2020 11:51 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself Yrgal!

starkers
Reply #4 Tuesday, May 12, 2020 1:31 PM

Well said, Yrgal.... and ditto.  I have purchased a few premium skins over the years but not lately.  I recently spent quite a bit of money to replace what I thought was a dead PC.  Fortunately I discovered later that it wasn't dead and I was able to resurrect it, but now that's all taken care of there's a few more master skins I'd like to add to my collection.

Chasbo
Reply #5 Tuesday, May 12, 2020 3:44 PM

Master skins are worth every penny spent on them.

Kudos to the Master Skinners!

neone6
Reply #6 Tuesday, May 12, 2020 6:56 PM

I have given this some thoughts lately, since the matter seems to come up too often for the wrong reasons and..... Respect the artists right to get paid for their work.
Well said Jan!  -Vi är i samma båt hela gänget.

JanOscar
Reply #7 Tuesday, May 12, 2020 7:14 PM

neone6

Well said Jan! -Vi är i samma båt hela gänget.
Ock jag tror vi kommer klara oss på nåt vis i fortsättningen också.

Jafo