A Member of this Community Desperately Needs Our Help

Saturday, December 23, 2017 by LightStar | Discussion: Everything Else

I need to do this, no matter what (he may not like my doing this due to pride).

A well known member of this skinning community in the recent past needs lots of help from wherever he can get it. He is about to lose his car that he uses to make money driving for Uber and Lyft (because it has broke down and he cannot afford to get it fixed). He is about to lose his computer that he desperately needs to earn money doing graphics designs for various music companies (but they only pay him peanuts). He needs to pay rent, pay a car payment on a car he cannot even drive safely, pay utilities, etc. Not to mention food.

I have been helping him, along with many others, for many years, and he is trying desperately, but he also has a disease that leaves him in debilitating pain quite often, and he cannot even get pain medication. I am no longer able to help him out financially, and I am very saddened.

He is married and his wife works, but only for 20 hours a week (all she can get, and she doesn't drive a car).

Their rent is a ridiculous amount (due to typical greed I imagine), but they cannot afford to move.

They will be without a home and on the street with absolutely nothing very soon.

If you care and want to help them out, please PM me and I will let you know who this person is and where you can send help to. This is not a joke, I am not kidding and other members of this community can attest to that.

I hope you all have a blessed holiday season. Thanks.

RedneckDude
Reply #1 Saturday, December 23, 2017 3:12 PM

Tom, this is a good thing to do. He can get mad if he wants. I'll help some, but gotta get past the holiday first.

I may be able to help on the 29th.   Praying for you know who. Will continue.

WebGizmos
Reply #2 Saturday, December 23, 2017 8:28 PM

Wish I could help, but I'm in the same boat...reaching up to touch bottom. Best I could do is I have a spare room.

LightStar
Reply #3 Saturday, December 23, 2017 11:25 PM

WebGizmos

Wish I could help, but I]'m the same boat...reaching up to touch bottom. Best I could do is I have a spare room.

I know your situation too, I know you can't help, but I appreciate your responding.

LightStar
Reply #4 Saturday, December 23, 2017 11:26 PM

Oops, somehow got the above post quoted and reapplied.

Reply #5 Sunday, December 24, 2017 12:27 AM

I wish I could help, Tom...but just moved, and I'm tapped out.

Uvah
Reply #6 Sunday, December 24, 2017 7:41 AM

This really sucks. I can offer my support through the forums but financially I'm hurting, medical bills and such. After the holidays things may change. Thoughts and prayers to you know who.

LightStar
Reply #7 Sunday, December 24, 2017 9:41 AM

Thanks Doc and Ross for your at least responding, I understand and may you both have a blessed holiday season.

Hankers
Reply #8 Sunday, December 24, 2017 11:47 AM

Many of us are in the same situation with financial issues for one reason or other. Doesn't mean by not responding that people don't care. We all wish we could offer some help.

WOM
Reply #9 Sunday, December 24, 2017 12:06 PM

This is the 7th or 8th year my social security check went to medicare which means I didn't get a raise again.

LightStar
Reply #10 Sunday, December 24, 2017 1:45 PM

Thanks for the comments Hankers and WOM. I know what you mean on the Social Security WOM, I got a $25.00 raise, and then they raised Medicare $25.00, so I got nothing. Frickin gov't!

teddybearcholla
Reply #11 Sunday, December 24, 2017 2:12 PM

Hankers

LightStar
Reply #12 Sunday, December 24, 2017 6:05 PM

Thanks for caring Barb.

MadDeez
Reply #13 Monday, December 25, 2017 7:04 AM

Tom, do you still live by the river? I'll stop by the next time I'm in Peru to give you a few bucks.

LightStar
Reply #14 Monday, December 25, 2017 8:21 AM

Yes, still by the river John. But it is not me needing the help. I can get it to them though, thanks for caring. Did not know you moved out of Peru.

sydneysiders
Reply #15 Monday, December 25, 2017 9:48 AM

Tom, could you please PM me?..... I'm chockers and can't send...only return a PM atm......

LightStar
Reply #16 Monday, December 25, 2017 2:02 PM

PM sent Syd.

MadDeez
Reply #17 Monday, December 25, 2017 10:38 PM

Tom, I know you're not the one in need. I think I know who it is though. I'll get with you the next time I'm in Peru. Hopefully, you'll be home.

LightStar
Reply #18 Monday, December 25, 2017 11:04 PM

MadDeez

Ok John, thanks. I am usually always home. I'll PM you my number too.

LightStar
Reply #19 Saturday, December 30, 2017 10:21 AM

To those who assisted this member, or even offered support in this thread, I personally thank you very much. Hope everyone had great Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

vStyler
Reply #20 Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:44 PM

I wanted to come and express my gratitude to those of you who went out of your way to help me and my wife via this post..

Funny, that the people who u would least expect assistance from.... are sometimes the ones that have the most kindness and generosity in their hearts..

You know who you are, no need to name names.. but know, I do appreciate it from the bottom of my heart

Things are pretty bad for me right now, but as long as I have air in my lungs I will continue to fight on  in my work and my health and my life.

Thanks everyone for you have done for me now and in the past and I wish you all a prosperous and joy filled 2018

V.