Xiandi Needs Our Help!

Thoughts and Prayers Needed.....

Thursday, October 27, 2016 by RedneckDude | Discussion: Community

Guys, it is with a heavy heart that I bring you some bad news.

Our good friend, Xiandi has informed me that her pancreatic cancer is back. It's moved to her lungs.
It's stage 4, which means it's not curable. The only thing left to do is treat it to extend her life as long as possible. She will start chemotherapy again next week sometime, and they will continue that until they can't do it any more. Her doctor said she has at most 5 years to live.

I asked her, and she has said it's ok to post this here and to ask you all to pray, send thoughts, and keep good vibes going her way.

She is doing well at the moment. Just dealing with this news as best she can. I'm sure it gives her lots to think about.

Things will get rough once she starts chemo, she won't feel like being online much, etc.  So any continued thoughts, and prayers would be greatly appreciated.

She loves you all, and misses being a part of our WC family.

SpicyGirl
Reply #1 Thursday, October 27, 2016 6:44 PM

I was just thinking about her today. I felt something was wrong but wasn't sure it was health related. Please give her my thoughts and prayers are always there with her. Every day is a precious gift to her family.

Barbara SpicyGirl

DaveBax
Reply #2 Thursday, October 27, 2016 6:51 PM

It leaves me with a heavy heart too hear this.May sound strange but for 7 years I talk to my wife before I go to bed. Not long just whatever I need to say. Then I go to bed and wake up feeling fine. For a few years now since I first heard of Xiandi situation I would ask my wife to look after her. I will now be asking again. Many years ago she was so helpful in helping me to become a better Skinner along with others here. One doesn't or should never forget people that have helped them along the journey no matter what it is or was. My Angel will do her best that I know.

LightStar
Reply #3 Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:16 PM

I was extremely saddened to hear of this. We must all pray for her and her family. I cannot image what they must be going through after hearing that there was no hope. But by the grace of God miracles do happen, and we can all pray that one does for Cyndie.

Uvah
Reply #4 Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:49 PM

I know what its like. All my   to Cyndie and her family.

teddybearcholla
Reply #5 Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:52 PM

alphabyte
Reply #6 Thursday, October 27, 2016 8:41 PM

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Xiandi and her family!

gevansmd
Reply #7 Thursday, October 27, 2016 8:57 PM

I spent last year with my wife hanging on to life for 10 months before succumbing two days after Thanksgiving.  She died while I held her hand.

I hope Xiandi has family close by to support her.

AceMatrix
Reply #8 Thursday, October 27, 2016 9:38 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you Cyndie. I pray that Jesus will stretch out his healing hand and bless you with his Grace.

starkers
Reply #9 Thursday, October 27, 2016 10:07 PM

I am most saddened to learn of this news about Xiandi and send positive thoughts her way for quality of life and medical miracle.

willistuder
Reply #10 Thursday, October 27, 2016 10:17 PM

From time to time, I've wondered how she was doing. I remember first finding about her from her Green N' Gold icons, her first skinning project, if I remember correctly. She went a long way after that, and very quickly. I was disappointed when she quit skinning.

I had no idea that she was sick. Jim, I hope that you'll let her know that everyone wishes her the best.

RedneckDude
Reply #11 Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:08 PM

Guys, she is aware of this thread and will show up when she is up to it.  She's a tad emotional, of course, and is going through a lot.

And with all this going on, she's still working at her job, while she can.

I personally thank you for all your comments, thoughts, well wishes, and prayers.

Spiritual healing and the well wishes of her friends is her best bet these days. I know she appreciates it.

starkers
Reply #12 Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:36 PM

RedneckDude

When I place myself in the same or a similar situation I can well imagine the emotional side of all this being somewhat overwhelming, so Cyndie, I wish you all the peace of mind and spirit during this most difficult time.

Fuzzy Logic
Reply #13 Friday, October 28, 2016 5:26 AM

This is very sad news. She has been here a long time and is much loved by everyone.

My thoughts and best wishes are with her.

Reply #14 Friday, October 28, 2016 6:43 AM

Well said, Mike. I am saddened to hear this.

My best thoughts, hopes, prayers and wishes go out to her and her family now and always.

Hankers
Reply #15 Friday, October 28, 2016 6:46 AM

Well said, Mike. I am saddened to hear this.

As do mine.

gmc2
Reply #16 Friday, October 28, 2016 7:09 AM

Sorry to hear the sad news, My thoughts and hopes go out to her, she is one of the best.

JcRabbit
Reply #17 Friday, October 28, 2016 8:20 AM

I'm so sorry, Xiandi!

My prayers are with you.

Vampothika
Reply #18 Friday, October 28, 2016 8:50 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about this

neone6
Reply #19 Friday, October 28, 2016 8:55 AM

Life's had a way of bitchslapping us in the face alot lately, -Givit up already !!

Good Vibes & Thoughts to you Xiandi, fight this !!!

RedneckDude
Reply #20 Friday, October 28, 2016 2:39 PM

Cyndie and I talked more last night, via Skype. She's seeing the Dr. today and says she'll probably not be online today.

Just keep the thoughts and prayers comin!  Thanks guys!