Rejected Theme, no Details

What's the deal?

Monday, July 22, 2013 by RealityRipple | Discussion: Skinning

Dear RealityRipple,

Thank you for your recent upload of your In The Dark for FireFox
Unfortunately your upload has not met our guidelines and has been rejected.
However we do look forward to your future submissions.

Sincerely,
The WinCustomize Staff
Copyright© 1995-2006 Stardock.net

Items rejected are called exiled.  Exiling means the item is being removed from the site for infractions of the sites guidelines

If an item is rejected please refrain from posting questions about as to why in the forums, as generally these types of posts and answers can be embarrassing for all involved. You may PM a Mod and request a reason or help if you did not already receive an email detailing the cause of the rejection.

Tips on uploading can be found here.

It'd be nice if there was a list of Mods somewhere. Or if PMs didn't go unheeded.... Or for that matter, if the rejection reason would be mentioned in the E-Mail.

RedneckDude
Reply #1 Monday, July 22, 2013 2:53 PM

It'd be nice if there was a list of Mods somewhere.

Bottom of page.

Bottom of page.

Near 3/4 down the page.

RedneckDude
Reply #2 Monday, July 22, 2013 2:54 PM

BTW, I think what you posted above was meant to be private and may be taken down by a moderator.  Private things should stay private. It's part of the TOS..

RealityRipple
Reply #3 Monday, July 22, 2013 2:56 PM

RedneckDude

It'd be nice if there was a list of Mods somewhere.

Bottom of page.

Bottom of page.

Near 3/4 down the page.

Thanks for that, but none of them have been online in 2+ weeks, so how am I supposed to contact them?

Edit: The site seems to have glitched and said 11th when it now says the 21st for WOM's last activity.

RedneckDude

There's nothing worth being private about. They gave me no information, and I'm not asking for a reason here.

RedneckDude
Reply #4 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:01 PM

RealityRipple

That's not so. They each are online daily. Info onsite that tells when they were online last is inaccurate. These guys are here every day of the week, and sometimes even on weekends.

Choose the first link I gave you, scroll to the bottom and then:

Click PM, after their name, leave a PM (Private Message). Keep that message and response private.

Or click email. PM is best.

RedneckDude
Reply #5 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:03 PM

RealityRipple
There's nothing worth being private about.

Read the Terms Of Service. ( https://www.wincustomize.com/terms-of-service )  Better yet, post a private message, or email contents, in the forums and eventually a mod will show up and explain why you don't do that. Good luck.

doortech1
Reply #6 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:03 PM

If you send a pm, someone will respond. I have sent pm's several times to mods and got responses.They are around, very busy, but around.

How did you determine they have been gone for weeks by the way?

RealityRipple
Reply #7 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:05 PM

doortech1

How did you determine they have been gone for weeks by the way?
By the profile "Last Activity" field, of course. That's what that field is supposed to be for...

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:07 PM

As I said, that info is inaccurate. Has been for a while now.

doortech1
Reply #9 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:07 PM

Sounds like me, huh RND,lol. Tread softly Realityripple so we get to see your work!

Uvah
Reply #10 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:10 PM

doortech1
Sounds like me, huh

Excuses...excuses

RealityRipple
Reply #11 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:11 PM

doortech1

My work was already accepted by Addons.Mozilla.org. I just resubmitted it here because they had a 3 year old version on this site. If they don't accept it, I'm going to delete the page and remove my mirror-link to this site. I don't have time to deal with a second set of reviewers who think they know better about Mozilla than Mozilla.

doortech1
Reply #12 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:13 PM

RND answered why I asked where you were lead to believe no one was around, kinda figured.Be patient, your in their sites now for sure,just kidding, but they will respond, send a polite PM.

doortech1
Reply #13 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:15 PM

Nice knowing you I guess.

frankell
Reply #14 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:15 PM

I guess you was able to upload the theme only because "Firefox" is still present in the SelectGallery\Submit page

but I cannot see anymore the Firefox Gallery in the Explore All Galleries page

probably the Firefox Gallery is not more in use as the last entry was dated 2008

doortech1
Reply #15 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:17 PM

Isn't FF having tremendous problems with the last two releases?

RealityRipple
Reply #16 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:21 PM

doortech1

Isn't FF having tremendous problems with the last two releases?
Dunno about that. FF22 was just officially labeled "Safest Browser" after Chrome's spotless record was destroyed by a Flash exploit.

Uvah
Reply #17 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:22 PM

doortech1

Isn't FF having tremendous problems with the last two releases?

Pretty much which is why I don't use it anymore. It kept flagging WC as a potential hazardous site. Yeah right!

You got your mail?

RealityRipple
Reply #18 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:23 PM

frankell

but I cannot see anymore the Firefox Gallery in the Explore All Galleries page

Actually I just "updated" from the old one's page. Didn't bother to glance at any of those gallery lists. All I'm interested in is updating a dated mirror. It's starting to look like I'd be better off without this site as a mirror, though.

frankell
Reply #19 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:35 PM

RealityRipple

ok you used the "edit" button trying to update the theme actually due to the rejection also the old page is not more available

in the end you can surely delete the mirror to the Firefox Gallery

btw the email is pre-compiled nothing personal and no details

RealityRipple
Reply #20 Monday, July 22, 2013 3:43 PM

frankell

Quoting RealityRipple, reply 18

in the end you can surely delete the mirror to the Firefox Gallery

btw the email is pre-compiled nothing personal and no details
Sure seems like it can still be accessed...