Halloween skin start panel

animation adjustment?

Friday, January 18, 2013 by Vertigo931 | Discussion: WindowBlinds

Using XP I have this:

(The spider in the animation makes it's turn into the start panel instead of rounding the corner)

Can this be adjusted?

doortech1
Reply #1 Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:13 AM

No, its probably a glyph image that would require altering all the frames and if you needed extra frames added that would require even more work on the places section of the skin. Could be done, I guess, but you would be messing with someones creation and would also need skinning experience to accomplish. IMO, DT1

Uvah
Reply #2 Saturday, January 19, 2013 5:02 AM

I think he means can the person who made the skin adjust it if it is indeed a glitch. Best to wait and see if the author responds to the post.

@Vertigo931. Can you post the name of the WindowBlind?

Vertigo931
Reply #3 Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:59 PM

Thanks for the replies. I just mean basically can the start panel be adjusted so that the animation displays properly? Sorry I was a little vague.

I don't want to tamper with the skin, just make small changes so that it works properly on my PC.

The name of the skin is just "Halloween" by Stardock Design, it's the one with the animated skeleton on the start panel

Uvah
Reply #4 Saturday, January 19, 2013 3:31 PM

What OS are you running?

DaveRI
Reply #5 Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:21 PM

Vertigo you look at these things a lot closer than I do, I never even noticed that.

Make sure you have a copy/backup of this skin before you play with it, always a good idea, plus I'm not sure you can get this one anymore.

Skinstudio

Edit Start Menu

When that window pops up, click on "Code Editor" tab on the bottom towards the right

"StartPanel.UserPane" should be showing in the dropdown box kind of in the middle... click on the dropdown arrow to the right of that.  When the list pops up, scroll up about 22 items and click on "StartMenu.Animation1". You should see this in the box below:

AnimTimerRate=1
Image=halloween\skeletonjump.nwa
Trans=1
PerPixel=1
Alignment=1
FrameCount=128
MouseOverStopFrame=127
MouseOverStartFrame=56
Vert=1

Change Alignment=1 to Alignment=2

Apply, save etc.

That should do it for you, does me.  It also shifts the skeleton to the right a tad, but I don't think you'll mind that, seems fine.

Vertigo931
Reply #6 Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:06 PM

Very good Dave, thanks a lot! Looks good now

DaveRI
Reply #7 Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:22 PM

After you pointed it out, ya it does look better with the spider doing what he's supposed to.  I actually like the way the skeleton ends up positioned over vertical left/right divider too.

I had to dig this one out of the archives.  It is a nice skin, you've got me playing with it again.  "What's old becomes new again."

Uvah
Reply #8 Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:24 PM

Well...I guess that answers it.

WebGizmos
Reply #9 Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:53 PM

DaveRI
plus I'm not sure you can get this one anymore.

Under subscriber skins - Halloween Premium Suite (2008) - https://www.wincustomize.com/subscriberskins

doortech1
Reply #10 Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:42 PM

As soon as I read stardock design, knew I was wrong as to the type of animation. Thank you for the lesson , very helpful to me, and new knowledge for free is way cool. Dt1

doortech1
Reply #11 Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:44 PM

The thank you is for DaveRI by the way, sorry.

DaveRI
Reply #12 Saturday, January 19, 2013 8:07 PM

WebGizmos
Under subscriber skins - Halloween Premium Suite

I'd forgotten there's icons with that, I like those too.  What the heck, Halloween in January.

No need to thank me doortech, I just belch every once in awhile and occasionally something useful comes out.

Uvah
Reply #13 Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:29 AM

DaveRI
I just belch every once in awhile and occasionally something useful comes out

I wanted to say something but I probably shouldn't. Its way too tempting.