CursorFX 2.11 Update Available

Monday, June 18, 2012 by Island Dog | Discussion: WinCustomize News

We have released an update to CursorFX 2 with fixes for some issues that some users were experiencing.  CursorFX lets users change their bland default Windows cursor with one of thousands available for download.

CursorFX 2.11 update:

• Fix for Flip3D mode
  • Windows 8 installation is not recommended

Current customers can update via Stardock Central or download via their account downloads page.

Get CursorFX here - https://www.stardock.com/products/cursorfx/

6-18-2012 11-38-13 AM

c242
Reply #1 Monday, June 18, 2012 12:02 PM

Don't see it in SDC.

BoXXi
Reply #2 Monday, June 18, 2012 12:09 PM

me neither!!

Wizard1956
Reply #3 Monday, June 18, 2012 1:37 PM

Windows 8 installation is not recommended

You certainly got that right.

Thanks for the heads up.

BTW, when SDC updates itself, the "Updating Stardock Central" text runs off the window slightly.

Philly0381
Reply #4 Monday, June 18, 2012 1:46 PM

Not showing up yet in SDC or my accounts download page yet for me.

Reply #5 Monday, June 18, 2012 1:48 PM

@ Carl and Bryan -

Did you guys install it (CFX) with Impulse and not uninstall it the same way? It shows up in mine...

Wizard1956
Reply #6 Monday, June 18, 2012 1:54 PM

This is on my XP laptop: Installed and running, still shows as version 2.10 in SDC. Relaunching SDC shows the update as still available.

From the CFX UI, check for updates opens the SDC folder, but doesn't launch SDC. Is this normal?

Update: Just ran SDC from Win7/64 with the same results with the exception that it prompted for a reboot with Win7.

LightStar
Reply #7 Monday, June 18, 2012 1:55 PM

Not showing up on my SDC either, and I installed it stand alone.  Also, v2.10.023 is showing up in the store. not 2.1.1.

Frankief
Reply #8 Monday, June 18, 2012 2:13 PM

I ran the update from SDC, it went through the install,  but upon opening SDC again the update still shows available and the version installed shows 2.10

If I open CFX it shows version 2.11 in the "about" screen.

c242
Reply #9 Monday, June 18, 2012 2:16 PM

SDC installation, no update showing.

Reply #10 Monday, June 18, 2012 2:29 PM

Carl, did you install with Impulse [originally]? If so, you can uninstall with Impulse or with CCleaner. It should then show up in sdc.

Mine shows CFX 2.11 in the 'About' screen as well as in sdc.

Philly0381
Reply #11 Monday, June 18, 2012 2:55 PM

Okay, I cleaned out my browser history and cookes thinking maybe that might be the problem, it wasn't.

SDC and My Accounts, Download page is still not showing the update.

I'm using IE9 if that will makes a difference.

Guess I will just keep checking back.

Reply #12 Monday, June 18, 2012 2:56 PM

LightStar

Tom... I think sdc works to track stuff installed through it (and not yet installed). I wonder what would happen if you uninstalled with CCleaner (backup your CFX skins) and then opened sdc?

RedneckDude
Reply #13 Monday, June 18, 2012 3:13 PM

Got it, Win 7, no reboot required.

RedneckDude
Reply #14 Monday, June 18, 2012 3:32 PM

But then, it still shows as available in SDC. Maybe I do need to reboot. I wasn't prompted to.

Reply #15 Monday, June 18, 2012 3:44 PM

No reboot necessary, Jim... not on my system, anyway.

RedneckDude
Reply #16 Monday, June 18, 2012 5:17 PM

Rebooted, still shows as not installed. The cursor I was running is still running, but I can't open config to change cursors. I can't get the shortcut in start panel all progs to run. I can only launch by going to program files and launching CursorFX Control Panel.

Still shows as not installed.

RedneckDude
Reply #17 Monday, June 18, 2012 5:27 PM

OK, thought I'd uninstall, roll back to the last version.....got this.

RedneckDude
Reply #18 Monday, June 18, 2012 5:30 PM

Looks like a bug thread is in order?  I'm gonna roll back.

Frankief
Reply #19 Monday, June 18, 2012 5:31 PM

RedneckDude

Still shows as not installed.

Same deal here!