WindowFX 5 RC1 Now Available

Thursday, May 3, 2012 by Island Dog | Discussion: WinCustomize News

We have released RC1 for WindowFX 5 today. WindowFX 5 lets Windows users add animated effects and advanced window controls to your Windows desktop!

New in this update:

• Over 30 animated effects for window actions (Windows 7 required for the most effects)
  • NEW Open menu animations with the WindowFX RC build
  • Animation substyles/tabs for different animation types
  • Included presets and ability to save custom user presets for animation options
  • NEW Compiz-style wobby window animations
  • NEW Desktop icons tab
  • Hide desktop icons on double click
  • Auto-hide desktop icons
  • Hide text labels for desktop icons
  • Hide icon shortcut overlays
  • NEW System tray icon shortcut to WindowFX configuration (Windows 7 only)

WindowFX 5 beta users and Object Desktop subscribers can download WindowFX 5 RC1 now from download.stardock.com or via Stardock Central.

For more information visit the WindowFX website.

Video demo - http://youtu.be/wpg7TusmDLw

Windows 7 x64-2012-05-03-14-04-23 Windows-7-x64-2012-03-15-13-20-11
Wizard1956
Reply #1 Thursday, May 3, 2012 2:27 PM

Wow! That's a heap of updates. Well done, Stardock!

c242
Reply #2 Thursday, May 3, 2012 2:51 PM

I can't believe how smooth everything is. Great !

SimplexDesigns
Reply #3 Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:57 PM

Love it! absolutly fantastic!

RedneckDude
Reply #4 Thursday, May 3, 2012 4:03 PM

NEW Compiz-style wobby window animations
Now THAT is what I'm talking about!

I was telling Wiz that Ubuntu (Compiz) had a better wobbly window.  Sahweet!!

Uvah
Reply #5 Thursday, May 3, 2012 4:04 PM

Adding to my list. Yes I have a list.

RedneckDude
Reply #6 Thursday, May 3, 2012 5:23 PM

Well, I still get better wobble with Compiz.  Bummer.

I also don't see an option to hide the tray icon. That is new?

Neil Banfield
Reply #7 Thursday, May 3, 2012 5:40 PM

RedneckDude
Well, I still get better wobble with Compiz.  Bummer.

I also don't see an option to hide the tray icon. That is new?

In what way is it different?

The icon can be hidden using the OS feature to do so.

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Thursday, May 3, 2012 6:00 PM

I found the settings for the wobble, so I digress.

That is something that compiz does that I like.

Neil Banfield
Reply #9 Thursday, May 3, 2012 6:08 PM

RedneckDude
I found the settings for the wobble, so I digress.

That is something that compiz does that I like.

There are the new wobble animations which have some degree of bounce.

Asound
Reply #10 Thursday, May 3, 2012 6:39 PM

Whoa, the update to beta 2 was already amazing and now this! *speechless*

Cocotteseb
Reply #11 Thursday, May 3, 2012 6:48 PM

Really a nice update ! (love wobble Compiz like)

RedneckDude
Reply #12 Thursday, May 3, 2012 7:01 PM
RedneckDudereply 8I found the settings for the wobble, so I digress. But I do ask this, am I missing something, or is there an option to jelly/bounce on minimize, max, restore?That is something that compiz does that I like. There are the new wobble animations which have some degree of bounce.
I've set the wobble for minimize/restore but I don't get wobble on maximize. Or on restore from maximize. I do get it on restore from minimize.

Win 7 64 bit
DWM on
EVGA GeForce GTS 450 FPB 1 GB GDDR5
Asound
Reply #13 Thursday, May 3, 2012 7:02 PM

Hmm, a flipped window still shows the default icon instead of the specific one by the software and they still can be totally messed up depending on the active wb-skin. I may not use it, I prefer to have minimize with the middle mouse button, but I just wanted to say that.^^

Uvah
Reply #14 Thursday, May 3, 2012 7:33 PM

Taking WFX 4 for a spin. Do I need to strap in?

Wizard1956
Reply #15 Thursday, May 3, 2012 7:54 PM

Taking WFX 4 for a spin. Do I need to strap in?

Wear a firesuit.....it's *HOT* !!!

Neil Banfield
Reply #16 Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:05 PM

Asound

The icon issue is a bug in IconPackager, but this version of WindowFX is supposed to be working around the issue.  Did you reboot after install?

Could you confirm the signing date on wfx32.exe in the WindowFX folder please.

Neil Banfield
Reply #17 Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:08 PM

RedneckDude

Win 7 64 bit
DWM on
EVGA GeForce GTS 450 FPB 1 GB GDDR5

Like the OS, WindowFX does not do animations for restore to maximized or maximized to restore as there is no way to perform a smooth animation between these two states as the window is fully visible in both states but the size changes between them.  At some point you end up with an ugly change of image.

PianoArt
Reply #18 Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:55 PM

Great update ! thank you

Jeff T
Reply #19 Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:08 PM

Asound
Reply #20 Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:12 PM

I dont know what you mean with signing date, but the file was created on april the 26st in 2012, like the wfx64.exe (I use a 64bit win 7).  But I already did have the software installed some weeks before, so shouldn't they be a bit older then?

The last time they were in use was today of course.

I recently reinstalled my whole os and started dircetly with beta 2.

Edit: I also made a restart, which did not help. The rc was installed over the beta 2 with Stardock Central.