Skin request for a good deed

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 by bk334572 | Discussion: Skinning

Hello i hope that someone is reading this and will reply...
I today spoke with a still young girl age 16 that has leukemia she is not doing well so i thought i try to make something up to surprise her
need to mention that she is a computer freak and she loves birds.
I also spoke to her mom and told her about windowblinds and that you can skin the interface of windows with it...long story short i wanted to ask if someone is willing to make a skin with birds or a bird like skin for her not me since i dont know how to skin a windowblind
Thanks in advance and merry christmas

Reply #1 Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:34 AM

First, take advantage of the sale on Windowblinds for $13. https://forums.wincustomize.com/414447  so she'll be able to use skins in general (you can mix and match) and be on the lookout for deals this week and next (for the holidays)...

I haven't seen any Windowblind theme about birds (although they certainly are beautiful enough to warrant one). I searched the Galleries for "Birds" and found https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/all/search/Birds#

Member ernie leo might have some bird photos, and WARbill has a wallpaper and Dream with a Common Kingfisher.

Not a skinner, myself or I might take you up on that. I do hope you find an interested skinner.

Your young friend will be in my thoughts.

Mirsguy
Reply #2 Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:13 AM

I might be interested. What's your deadline?

ernie leo
Reply #3 Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:29 AM

I have some bird photos here http://ernieleo.deviantart.com/gallery/?sort=popularity&catpath=/photography/nature/birds/&q=  if you see one she might like, let me known and I will convert it to any wallpaper size you want, but it needs to be a horizontal image......

Reply #4 Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:31 AM

Mirsguy
I might be interested. What's your deadline?

Mirsguy
Reply #5 Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:38 AM

My brother died of leukemia when he was 4 years old. That was 22 years ago.

I have a tender spot in my heart for leukemia patients.

benmanns
Reply #6 Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:19 AM

Hey to brighten up a little girls day sure im also offering my time if you havent already made out something with Mirsguy
QuickEdit: i know im always a bit strange when it comes to skins but when i read birds i thought of feathers - fluffy soft feathers - i thought of a raven or starling like type
and my concept would look a bit like this stock photo it was the first that matched my brainstorm :
now this with more tiny feathers colored black with a tad of blue or the other way should recolor nicely in the end... maybee the raven idea isnt fitting but you know what i mean with a birdy somewhere or more on the explorer frames and startmenu.

Uvah
Reply #7 Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:28 PM

Mirsguy
My brother died of leukemia when he was 4 years old. That was 22 years ago.

My brother was three years old. He passed on Christmas Day 1963 from Leukemia so yeah ... I agree with you wholeheartedly.

bk334572
Reply #8 Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:01 PM

Mirsguy
I might be interested. What's your deadline?

There is no deadline i just wanted to look if someone is willing to make one for free.
Thank you all for the great input and for the help that is offered.Who ever is willing to do one is welcome just let your imagination flow iam here for a bit now and i know that giving instructions on how things should be done isnt good so please just be creative i have no doubt that it will be great.
By the way her name is Kristine, her beloved colors are green and blue but the skin doesnt have to be.
Oh i almost had forgotton the most important thing she has a parrot named Torro, but her mom said that she likes all kind of birds mostly exotic´s.

Mirsguy
Reply #9 Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:08 PM

bk334572

I could begin during the first week in January.

Phoon
Reply #10 Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:17 PM

Might I suggest a name: Kristine's Song

Reply #11 Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:27 PM

How about "Flight of Fancy"? or just "Flight"?

Phoon
Reply #12 Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:54 PM

or that...

Wizard1956
Reply #13 Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:00 PM

If I may, I suggest...Wings for Kristine

What a great community we have flocked together here!

Mirsguy
Reply #14 Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:00 PM

Bk334572, could you post a picture of Torro?

Xiandi
Reply #15 Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:55 PM

Might I suggest a name: Kristine's Song
I like that .

Mirsguy
Reply #16 Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:56 PM

Bk334522, what version of Windows is Kristine using?

bk334572
Reply #17 Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:10 PM

^ she will be using the latest version of windowblinds she has windows 7 - now only have to try to get a picture of Torro i will see what i can do but i cant promise i will get it until tonight.

Mirsguy
Reply #18 Friday, December 23, 2011 2:17 AM

If you can't get a picture, that's fine. Thank you for the info.

bk334572

I appreciate that.  I will use this thread as a "Work In Progress" thread, posting updates so you can check on the progress.

Uvah
Reply #19 Friday, December 23, 2011 5:08 AM

@Mirsguy

Reply #20 Friday, December 23, 2011 5:18 AM

Reason I suggested the other name was "Brian's Song" (Brian Piccolo) and the association it has for me... while for Kristine, my hopes are so much higher.