WinCustomize Community Skinning Project

Friday, January 21, 2011 by Philly0381 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

It has been awhile since the last Community Skinning Project.

To start off, all community skinners are eligible and encouraged to submit a WindowBlinds entry for a contest.   Yes you read that correctly, a contest with the winner's WindowBlinds being used as the theme for the community project as the prize.

A few rules, only one entry per skinner and it must meet the established guidelines for uploading of a WindowBlinds.  Since this is for a Community Project and we know the community still uses XP, Vista and now Windows 7 you know what we are looking for.  The entries on a minimum will be skinned for Windows 7.

Volunteers are needed to judge the entries.  One simple rule, if you volunteer to judge you can not submit a WB.  You can however sign up to make themed skins.  We need a minimum of five but no more than ten judges.  I'm expecting a lot of entries.

When does the contest end, Friday the 18th of March.  All entries for the contest will be uploaded to the WinCustomize WindowBlinds Gallery Library no earlier then Monday, 14 March (you really don't want to show your entry to the other skinners early now do you?)   and no later than Friday, 18 March.  All entries should include 'For Community Skinning Project' in it's description.  Winner will be selected on Friday, 25 March.

Once a winning theme is selected community skinners will be able to sign up for skins they wish to make and get the graphics and start skinning.

What can you make a themed skin for you ask, if it has a WinCustomize Library you can make a skin for it

Can there be multiple skins as in two or three Wallpapers or Logons, yes, but only one per skinner.

Can a skinner sign up to do several different skins, yes.

Only one rule for themed skins, they will use the theme graphics.  The only exceptions will be for Screensavers, Dreams and Wallpapers.  These will though have a tie in to the theme of the project.

Please leave a reply to this thread if you will be submitting an entry in the contest.

Ahhh, what are you waiting on, the contest starts............NOW!

UPDATE:

Skinners submitting a WindowBlinds Theme are:  Vampothika, k10w3, Xiandi, CountryYokel, Z71

Judges:  RedneckDude, gmc2, PCPrincess, navigatsio, WebGizmos, Zubaz, DrJBHL

RedneckDude
Reply #1 Friday, January 21, 2011 12:44 AM

I'm in for anything needed of me other than a blind...lol.

BoXXi
Reply #2 Friday, January 21, 2011 4:26 AM

it must meet the established guidelines for uploading of a WindowBlinds

Actually, only Master skins have to be for all 3 OS's as far as I'm aware. If not, then I'm breaking the upload rules as I only make WB's for 7 now as that is all I have.

Is that what you are saying, that any entries have to be skinned for all 3 OS's?

Uvah
Reply #3 Friday, January 21, 2011 4:48 AM

I'm in for smx and rainy when the time comes. Good luck to all you blind skinners. Pun intended.

gmc2
Reply #4 Friday, January 21, 2011 6:54 AM

I only blind for win7 so I would volunteer for judging, keep me posted.

PCPrincess
Reply #5 Friday, January 21, 2011 8:37 AM

OH yes!! I'd love to volunteer to judge. I have downloaded and used daily at least one and sometimes many of the skins of all of the talented skinners here.

CarGuy1
Reply #6 Friday, January 21, 2011 8:42 AM

Depending upon what the theme ends up being, I may be good for a Dream.

Philly0381
Reply #7 Friday, January 21, 2011 9:12 AM

BoXXi

it must meet the established guidelines for uploading of a WindowBlinds

From what I understand BoXXi you are correct, only Master skins have to be skinned for all 3 OS's.  I probably didn't need to say 'it must meet the established guidelindes for uploading of a WindowBlinds', skinners understand that.

Yes the entries need to be skinner for all 3 OS's, we don't leave anyone out then from downloading and applying the theme.

BoXXi
Reply #8 Friday, January 21, 2011 9:15 AM

No problem, I won't enter then....

Philly0381
Reply #9 Friday, January 21, 2011 9:22 AM

BoXXi
No problem, I won't enter then....

You would be an excellent judge or you might choose to do one of many themed skins.

navigatsio
Reply #10 Friday, January 21, 2011 10:01 AM

I wanna be a Judge!!! (and they BETTER be done right or off with your head!!!!)

ZubaZ
Reply #11 Friday, January 21, 2011 10:53 AM

Four weeks for a WB skin with all three OSs.  Aggressive timeline.  Hopefully skinners have somethign they are working on that they can leverage.

Uvah
Reply #12 Friday, January 21, 2011 11:04 AM

I wanna be a Judge!!! (and they BETTER be done right or off with your head!!!!)

Oooh ...... tough cookie.

Philly0381
Reply #13 Friday, January 21, 2011 11:05 AM

Zubaz, the rest of Jan, all of Feb and half of March, my math isn't all that good but that looks like more than four weeks.

Philly0381
Reply #14 Friday, January 21, 2011 11:09 AM

The requirement for skinning all 3 OS's has been dropped.

(If you want to that is not a problem.)

ZubaZ
Reply #15 Friday, January 21, 2011 11:23 AM

Philly0381
Crazy.  I mis-read February for March.  Common mistake, right.  It didn't help that Feb. And March both have a Friday the 18th.

Carry on.

navigatsio
Reply #16 Friday, January 21, 2011 12:39 PM

tough cookie

but fair....

gmc2
Reply #17 Friday, January 21, 2011 1:14 PM

I would volunteer for judging, keep me posted

offer still stands.

Skinhit
Reply #18 Friday, January 21, 2011 2:08 PM

So this is a community project? No wait it's a contest. A community project contest? Im confused.

navigatsio
Reply #19 Friday, January 21, 2011 2:20 PM

A contest that becomes a project...I think.

Philly0381
Reply #20 Friday, January 21, 2011 2:23 PM

Skinhit

It's a contest to generate WindowBlinds entries so a Theme can be selected, then it's a Community Skinning Project.