New WinCustomize 2010 Comprehensive Bug Thread

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 by Kestral2040 | Discussion: WinCustomize 2011 Feedback

Ok now that we are out of beta, please try and post any bugs you are finding here.  I will be monitoring this thread and trying to fix/troubleshoot whatever is posted.

vStyler
Reply #1 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:11 PM

Cant access Master skins sales report or my list of skins that showed comment count\ new comments etc.

Also, is there not a specific Top Master skins section anymore?, the only one i can find is last updated which has a billion old SD skins in there now, all very confusing to sort through IMO.

Cavan1
Reply #2 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:18 PM

Form another thread you have replied on Kestral

Also I changed it so you can view way more than 9 skins at a time a while back. You can go up to 60 on one page in either the list view or the preview/images view.

Yep, which is good but as a subscriber and since My Settings is missing, I must set the view each time I go into a skin gallery, setting in one gallery does not change view globally. Will this setting return for us soon.

Maybe not a new site thing but will also add here that from My Account in the forums the registrations page is different than the one that was on My Settings, always has been. Since right now it is only access at WC to my purchased skins, for some that have 2 links, like Oxidized suite, the first link is for the extras wall, boot, widgets etc, the second I think would then be for the Suite but it is dead. When mouseover it cursor changes as if it is a link but when click nothing happens and in status bar of Firefox there is no url.

RedneckDude
Reply #3 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:27 PM

I have two skins in limbo since last night. And the one that did make it through has a red X as a preview, in my gallery.

gmc2
Reply #4 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:31 PM

from another thread,

I'm using IE8 and I am unable to rate skins as the star rating thingee is missing as well as the author's comments. Checked with FF and they are there and working with that browser. Is "flash" or "third party cookies" involved with either of these two items?

JcRabbit
Reply #5 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:31 PM

Like the new site very much - and this time it's fast, and, more important, it works!

BUG: When you click on the popular skins tab at the top horizontal bar, you get a thumbnails of the 5 top skins in the last 30 days. However, when you click on the 'More' link the filter gets reset from 'Last 30 days' to 'All Time'.

BUG: The same More link *sometimes* does not register the mouse over. As a result, if you don't notice that the link is not underlined, clicking on it takes you to the download page of the 5th top skin instead of the top skins page.

Running IE 8 here.

RedneckDude
Reply #6 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:35 PM

BUG: The description on my upload is all bunched together, no line breaks, and some spaces are missing.

EDIT:  I was able to go edit my description and fix that, but it should format correctly to begin with. I'm sure it will in time.

Xiandi
Reply #7 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:41 PM

[Request] Can we have the recent posts button up top as well?

Also, the missing text that gmc2 is reporting is on XP with IE8. It works fine in Vista and 7.

GunslingerBara
Reply #8 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:44 PM

Xiandi
[Request] Can we have the recent posts button up top as well?

Reduced 70%Original 760 x 624

I've added it to the top.

Bara

Nimbin
Reply #9 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:14 PM

BUG: settings in the explore filters are not retained from one browsing session to the next. I have to set each galleries filters eveery time i log in.

gmc2
Reply #10 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:29 PM

nope, win7, 64-bit

Xiandi
Reply #11 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:37 PM

nope, win7, 64-bit
ok, that too
I've added it to the top.
Thank you!!

granbjd22
Reply #12 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:19 PM

Mako xtreme won't download

WebGizmos
Reply #13 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:26 PM

From another post:

WebGizmos reply 10: Found a bug. Links in posted uploads to original skins...extras and personal galleries are linked back to the old site and just get an error page.

Kestral reply 29: what links specifically are you having this problem with (IE what skins on the new site have these broken links)?  we put in forwarding to handle the different URL structure and it seemed to be working on the skins I looked at.

Kestral...visit this page https://www.wincustomizetest.com/explore/winstep/514/ and then click on the top link in the description to the skin where it says "To match the skin by". For me it brings up and error page that I'm guessing is just linked back to the old site. It seems all my uploads are doing this.

Frankief
Reply #14 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:26 PM

Journeyman files going to moderation, settings in the explore filters are not retained from one browsing session to the next. I have to set each galleries filters everytime I vist a new page. IE 8 64 Win 7. Refreshing does not fix.

skyzyk
Reply #15 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:28 PM

If I push "My Site" from here I get error 404. When I do manage to get to my site via another way and I push "Settings" I get error 404. Pages not found. What's this all about? Are there things still being worked on? Are the settings no longer an option? What happens with Items that don't get 2 1/2 stars? I keep getting sent fronm the old site to the new site. Like Frankie, the page filters are not retained on memory.

2of3
Reply #16 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:30 PM

Journeyman files going to moderation, settings in the explore filters are not retained from one browsing session to the next. I have to set each galleries filters everytime I vist a new page. IE 8 64 Win 7. Refreshing does not fix.

same here FF 3.6.3 Win7 64

WebGizmos
Reply #17 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:44 PM

Just uploaded 8 submission to the Winstep gallery and none have shown up.

Island Dog
Reply #18 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:00 PM

WebGizmos
Just uploaded 8 submission to the Winstep gallery and none have shown up.

I see a bunch in the gallery, is it ok now?

Snowman
Reply #19 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:09 PM

[REQUEST] Re-add, clicking previews will open fullsize image in a NEW window!

PurrBall
Reply #20 Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:10 PM

'My Site' and 'Upload' are swapped on the header between the forum and the main site.