Object Desktop Ultimate/Standard Merging

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 by Island Dog | Discussion: WinCustomize News

A couple of months back, we mentioned that with the release of Object Desktop 2010, we will be merging the Object Desktop Ultimate and Object Desktop Standard into one single package again.  You can read a great overview of Object Desktop here.

Starting sometime today, we are going to start the merging of Object Desktop.  Users with current Object Desktop Ultimate editions will have their subscriptions extended another year.  If you are a current Object Desktop standard subscriber, you will see the additional applications appear in your accounts.

We expect this process to be transparent for most users, and no action should be required on your part.  However, this merging can take several hours to complete once started, so some users will see the changes before others.

Updates will be posted to this thread, so please keep an eye on this throughout the day.

www.objectdesktop.com

Philly0381
Reply #1 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 10:11 AM

I'm just alll smiles, first present under the Christmas tree.

DPCloud
Reply #2 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 10:12 AM

Yesterday I get something I've been wanting for half price and today I find out something I just bought is going to be extended another year, I love this place!

Fuzzy Logic
Reply #3 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 10:25 AM

Hmmm, my OD Ultimate runs to Apr 2011. If I have two years of Ultimate, do I get 2 years added on?

CarGuy1
Reply #4 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 10:32 AM

I asked that a while back. Guess we'll see later today.

RedneckDude
Reply #5 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 11:43 AM
Get real.....I seriously doubt it...lol.
Philly0381
Reply #6 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 11:51 AM

I love it, you are offered free ice cream and you ask for whipped cream on top.

2of3
Reply #7 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 11:54 AM

Mirsguy
Reply #8 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:06 PM
Get real.....I seriously doubt it...lol.
I love it, you are offered free ice cream and you ask for whipped cream on top.
Don't hate guys; I thought it was a valid question.
RedneckDude
Reply #9 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:10 PM

Starting sometime today, we are going to start the merging of Object Desktop. TRANSLATION: Sometime today, Stardock will totally bork your registrations!

RedneckDude
Reply #10 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:13 PM
Don't hate guys; I thought it was a valid question.
I'm not hating , I thought it was a funny question...lol!!!
Philly0381
Reply #11 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:21 PM

I thought it was a funny question also, that's why I replied as I did.

My subscrition ends in Dec of 20ll, I too would like more than a one year extension, but it ain't gone happen.

Wizard1956
Reply #12 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:47 PM

This is messed up! I just checked in Impulse and my OD Ultimate sub which was good until Feb.2,2010 has been extended to Aug.7 2010. Mighty short year there, SD.

Users with current Object Desktop Ultimate editions will have their subscriptions extended another year six months

Mirsguy
Reply #13 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:48 PM

TRANSLATION: Sometime today, Stardock will totally bork your registrations!

Hater.

just kidding

Phoon
Reply #14 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:48 PM
Mine was set to expire at the end of Nov this year. A few days prior to that I renewed for another year. Will I get a free extension till 2011 now or get a refund for what I just paid a few days ago?
Mirsguy
Reply #15 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:49 PM

Mighty short year,there SD.

Hey Wiz, you've got the magic wand... go ahead and extend it for all of us!

Mirsguy
Reply #16 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:52 PM

Hmmm, mine used to expire in January 2010, now it expires July 26, 2010.

Mirsguy
Reply #17 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:52 PM

TRANSLATION: Sometime today, Stardock will totally bork your registrations!

Hater.

Correction: Prophet.

Wizard1956
Reply #18 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:56 PM

Mirsguy

TRANSLATION: Sometime today, Stardock will totally bork your registrations!

Hater.

Correction: Prophet.
Actually,I'm the one that told him that,lol. Shoulda kept my mouth shut.

Philly0381
Reply #19 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 1:00 PM

Mine hasn't changed yet, so I'm just going to be quiet.

Fuzzy Logic
Reply #20 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 1:05 PM
Users with current Object Desktop Ultimate editions will have their subscriptions extended another six months
Yup, I've gone from Apr 2011 to Oct 2011...