Photoshop help plz How to save RGB+channel 4 .Tiff

Monday, February 23, 2009 by swapna alice | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Hi frndzy,

Please tell how to save RGB+channel4 .tiff or .tif in photoshop. & set the gray value of channel 4 as 255.

I will be grateful.

Thank you.

PuterDudeJim
Reply #1 Monday, February 23, 2009 3:59 PM

Sounds like an IR Brainiac question to me, I wish I knew.

swapna alice
Reply #2 Monday, February 23, 2009 10:30 PM

Okey will see myself

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #3 Monday, February 23, 2009 11:45 PM

Not sure what your trying to do...adding an alpha channel to rgb is easy...switch to the channels tab(next to the layers tab)and click on the add new layer button at the bottom.

It will be black but you can fill it with whatever you like.Black is 0,0,0...white is 255,255,255...grey is 128,128,128.

But that may not be what you mean.

swapna alice
Reply #4 Tuesday, February 24, 2009 3:37 AM

How can I convert a .png image into 4 channel .tif ?

This is an example in the .zip what I am trying to achieve using a single .png image.

I rendered this using my 3d animation program.

I am looking it to save as 4 channel .tif

With 'grey value' of channel 4 as 255. Just that.

but I know noothing in photoshop but I will figure out easily with ur help.

Thanks

swapna alice
Reply #5 Tuesday, February 24, 2009 2:32 PM

A fool bunch of wise lols

Tell me plz

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #6 Tuesday, February 24, 2009 3:02 PM

converting to tif is just using 'save as' in the file menu drop down.

Adding an alpha channel(4th channel)I explained above.(add layer button while in the channels tab)

grey value of 255 makes no sense to me...rgb colors are assigned with 3 values,not one.

Sorry I'm not more help but I still dont know what your doing...like why or what this is for.

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #7 Tuesday, February 24, 2009 3:03 PM

Photoshop has a help menu that explains these things better I think.

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #8 Tuesday, February 24, 2009 3:05 PM

Rapidshare wont let me dl the file.

swapna alice
Reply #9 Tuesday, February 24, 2009 7:58 PM

Wrtech!  just had to save my png as .tif with transparency with layer informations.

swapna alice
Reply #10 Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:49 AM

Photoshop has a help menu that explains these things better I think.

Thanks for helping me. I did it with ur help. u are really kind and helpful.

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #11 Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:13 PM

pixel-z
Reply #12 Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:18 PM

swapna alice
How can I convert a .png image into 4 channel .tif ?

I rendered this using my 3d animation program.

Thanks

Almost all 3D programs have options to save the transprecy, they call it Alpha channel, and they support TIFF. Try to find it in your program instead of using Photoshop.