Carbon Fibre GTV: WIP

2nd blind attempt

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 by Mirsguy | Discussion: Sneak Previews

I began this new theme about 3 weeks ago.

I wanted to do a dark skin, but I didn't want to do glass. Glass can be over done. I wanted something more original. Also, I didn't want to do the black/blue combo. Though those colors look great together, once again, it can be over done.

Then I began to think back to when I first bought WindowBlinds... how I searched for a carbon fibre skin, and was left wanting...

When complete, this theme will also include ObjectDock backgrounds, a RightClick, and possibly a cursor (if I get the guts! )

Wizard1956
Reply #1 Tuesday, February 3, 2009 2:03 AM

This looks very interesting,I'll be looking forward to trying it out.Keep up the good work.

theAVMAN
Reply #2 Tuesday, February 3, 2009 6:05 AM

Brian man it is looking very cool man!

Mirsguy
Reply #3 Thursday, February 5, 2009 2:04 AM

Today I made an administrative decision: I changed directions slightly.

First, the name was changed to "Carbon Fibre GTV."

Second, due to conflicts over what should be light and what should be dark, I decided to do substyles for each. The light substyle will be called "Carbon Metal," and the dark substyle will be called "Carbon Graphite."

As it develops more, I will post more screenies.

Philly0381
Reply #4 Thursday, February 5, 2009 2:07 AM

Cool, I'll be keeping an eye on how it turns out.

Mirsguy
Reply #5 Friday, February 6, 2009 1:19 AM

Window Progress...

theAVMAN
Reply #6 Friday, February 6, 2009 10:06 AM

Mirsguy

That is lokking awsome man!!Keep it up!!!!!!!!

Hey  Love that cursor!

Brysgirl
Reply #7 Friday, February 6, 2009 11:44 AM

This looks AWESOME, Mirsguy!

Deea19
Reply #8 Friday, February 6, 2009 12:18 PM

WOW. This looks great . Still I'm not sure about the start button, i think it can be better then this. There would be an XP version right? Pleeease.

Mirsguy
Reply #9 Friday, February 6, 2009 1:14 PM

Hey Love that cursor!

You oughtta! I've been using this cursor since I got it!

Mirsguy
Reply #10 Friday, February 6, 2009 1:15 PM

Thanks, Bg & Deea!

Still I'm not sure about the start button

I wasn't either, until some of the other parts began coming together...

There would be an XP version right? Pleeease.

But of course!

messiah1
Reply #11 Friday, February 6, 2009 2:46 PM

Looks good.  I think the buttons shouldn't be carbon fibre though...maybe just a solid color.  Just my two cents.

Mirsguy
Reply #12 Friday, February 20, 2009 1:14 AM

More progress... Next step is to change the window frame buttons to look like the navigation buttons.

PuterDudeJim
Reply #13 Friday, February 20, 2009 1:23 AM

And a DX theme and widgets, if you want?

Mirsguy
Reply #14 Friday, February 20, 2009 1:32 AM

And a DX theme and widgets, if you want?

Sure thing...!

PuterDudeJim
Reply #15 Friday, February 20, 2009 1:39 AM

Sure thing...!

Mirsguy
Reply #16 Friday, February 20, 2009 8:53 AM

Progress has been a little slow; Work has been really busy. But getting paid is a good thing...

I'll send you some PSD's soon, Jim!

hallv5
Reply #17 Friday, February 20, 2009 8:59 AM

Looks great so far.  Haven't had the courage to try a WB yet.  Maybe some day...

Mirsguy
Reply #18 Friday, February 20, 2009 9:18 AM

courage

You hit the nail on the head, Hallv! Sometimes it feels fun; sometimes it feels like self-inflicted torture!

Mirsguy
Reply #19 Saturday, February 21, 2009 10:26 AM

The new start button for the light substyle... will be animated. I'm willing to accept constructive criticism on it; no one seemed to like the other start button...

Reply #20 Saturday, February 21, 2009 12:20 PM

Mirsguy
courage

It isn't necessarily an "either/or"....judging by what most of the skinners have written.