WinCustomize 2009 Subscription Drive

Get subscribed now!

Monday, January 5, 2009 by Island Dog | Discussion: WinCustomize News

It’s been over a year since our last subscription drive, and with the New Year upon us, we are excited  to announce the 2009 WinCustomize Subscription Drive!  The drive starts immediately, and will run until March 1st.  Our goal is to reach $50,000 which will in turn pay for the development of WinCustomize 2009.

You don’t have to do anything special to participate, just become a subscriber which offers many benefits over a registered user.  Remember, this is not for new users only, as now is a great time to renew your subscription and keep all the great content flowing.

Benefits of subscribing:

• Ad-free browsing – Browse through the many skin galleries without seeing banner ads that regular users see.
  • Unlimited downloads – Download as much content as you want without hitting any download caps.
  • Premium skins – Premium skins available for subscribers
  • Master skin discounts – Get 20% Master skins when you are a WC subscriber.

A subscription to WinCustomize.com also makes a great gift.  Purchasing for someone else is easy, and can be given to virtually anyone.  Subscribe now!

Tailsgirl
Reply #1 Monday, January 5, 2009 7:03 PM

I will do, as soon as finances allow

BtEO
Reply #2 Monday, January 5, 2009 7:19 PM
If I can be assured it will be built from the ground up on standards (i.e. build for Firefox/Safari/Chrome/Opera first, hack for IE last,) designed with graceful degradation in mind, and scripting only used for progressive enhancement then I will subscribe. If you could promise that Opera was a tested browser I'd be even happier but if you do the above it shouldn't matter. The current mess of a site is the only reason I let my last subscription lapse.
Tailsgirl
Reply #3 Monday, January 5, 2009 7:54 PM

Mess of a site? the site is well organized, looks wicked, and user friendly IMO

teddybearcholla
Reply #4 Monday, January 5, 2009 8:07 PM
the site is well organized, looks wicked, and user friendly IMO
You are correct TG!!!
Tailsgirl
Reply #5 Monday, January 5, 2009 8:13 PM

Hey you're back teddy!!!!!! *hugs* everything went ok with surgery!!!

PuterDudeJim
Reply #6 Monday, January 5, 2009 8:23 PM

the site is well organized, looks wicked, and user friendly IMO

Yes but we badly need a 'Back to Top" button on the forum pages, like most sites have.

Tailsgirl
Reply #7 Monday, January 5, 2009 8:29 PM

Jim, there's one under the 'Quote' thingy in posts

voidcore
Reply #8 Monday, January 5, 2009 8:30 PM

Jim, there's one under the 'Quote' thingy in posts

Jim you just got pwned!

pwnage

PuterDudeJim
Reply #9 Monday, January 5, 2009 8:33 PM

Jim, there's one under the 'Quote' thingy in posts

Well I'll be damned!!  How long has that been there? And how long have I been here?  It don't say "Back to Top" . You have to spell it out for me...lol.  Thanx , TG!

Tailsgirl
Reply #10 Monday, January 5, 2009 8:35 PM

lol 'Scroll to Top' then

voidcore
Reply #11 Monday, January 5, 2009 8:44 PM

It don't say "Back to Top" . You have to spell it out for me...lol. Thanx , TG!

Actually mouseover it and it says scroll to top...

Island Dog
Reply #12 Monday, January 5, 2009 8:51 PM
(i.e. build for Firefox/Safari/Chrome/Opera first, hack for IE last,

You do understand that IE still has overwhelming market share, and a great majority of our site visitors are using IE?
bk13GarbageMan
Reply #13 Monday, January 5, 2009 9:13 PM

I'm going to be renewing both OD & WC, I was just waiting for all the servers and stuff to be fixed. I'll be doing it before the 22, which is My one Year anniversary here, I hope I get one of those nifty "Top 1 Yearling" awards!

PoSmedley
Reply #14 Monday, January 5, 2009 9:36 PM
Still recovering from Christmas, so it'll be a while. I think this is the first time I've been without since I first bought one. Not used to these damn ads.
PuterDudeJim
Reply #15 Monday, January 5, 2009 10:14 PM

I'm good for a while yet on both WC and ODU, but I got this 33% discount thing in my email....is this good on renewals? I could renew early.   Edit--I did and I am good for ODNT Ultimate thru Dec. 2010!!

Tailsgirl
Reply #16 Monday, January 5, 2009 11:26 PM

I'm bankrupt, so I no longer have a credit card [ex husbands fault ] so, ID, is there a way I could do it by money order?   I'm going to juggle this week's pension about so I can subscribe, finally

k10w3
Reply #17 Monday, January 5, 2009 11:35 PM

Who wants to buy a kidney?  I have two of them and I only need one, but I do need money for a subscription, so if you know anybody looking for body parts on the black market...I'm your girl! (Craigslist won't let me post this).

PuterDudeJim
Reply #18 Tuesday, January 6, 2009 12:31 AM

Selling them kidneys cheap, huh?      Try this for cheap! Edited

k10w3
Reply #19 Tuesday, January 6, 2009 12:57 AM

PuterDudeJim
Selling them kidneys cheap, huh?      Try this for cheap! https://forums.wincustomize.com/335558

FREE!! YEAH!! I can afford that.

BluesBrother
Reply #20 Tuesday, January 6, 2009 3:52 AM
wish i could contribute..WC is one fine community, IMHO.. but ive already spent my funds on WB and recetly, some comp upgrades..