WinStep Extreme for 50% Off

Today only

Friday, November 7, 2008 by Island Dog | Discussion: WinCustomize News

WinStep has a deal going today where you can get WinStep Extreme for 50% off the normal price.  WinStep Extreme includes a set of enhancement tools including NeXuS, WorkShelt, NextSTART, ‘modules’, fontbrowser, and more.

Winstep Xtreme is supported by an active community of themers with hundreds of resolution independent themes readily available for download. Check out the Winstep gallery right here at Wincustomize.

This is a limited time sale, and will end later today, so head over now and get the discount!

Philly0381
Reply #1 Friday, November 7, 2008 10:55 AM

No doubt this is a great piece of software.  I am very tempted to get it except for one thing, I don't use all the software from Stardock with thier numerous options and functions.  I have no idea how I would work in using Winstep.

Life and it's many decisions.

Lantec
Reply #2 Friday, November 7, 2008 11:29 AM

Had to take th plunge...just tooooo good of a deal.

angus1949
Reply #3 Friday, November 7, 2008 11:39 AM
What advantage does it really offer over OD ultimate and OdPro?
Lantec
Reply #4 Friday, November 7, 2008 12:00 PM

angus1949
What advantage does it really offer over OD ultimate and OdPro?

It's not quite apples for apples. So it's hard to make that kind of comparison. Font Browser has no comparable StarDock product. You might be able to accomplish what NextStart does with DX and Rightclick....but I'm no programmer. It is fully compatible with Object Desktop & OD+

I'm looking mainly at Workshelf........think of being able to imbed a normal dock within a tabbed dock as a "submenu".....just one of the many possibilities.

ZubaZ
Reply #5 Friday, November 7, 2008 1:08 PM

What advantage does it really offer over OD ultimate and OdPro?
It's worth taking a look around the site and checking out the youtube video.

I own Winstep and love it.  Buy it now jsut because you might need it someday . . you will.  And the deal can't be beat.

angus1949
Reply #6 Friday, November 7, 2008 1:19 PM
I wish I could Zub but being on a disability income,the economy and just upping my WC and Stardock subscriptions makes adding another yearly payment impossible. Add in security software, expenses are getting to a breaking point. Not bitching, just explaining. I know I'm not the only one in this boat. c'est la vie.
Philly0381
Reply #7 Friday, November 7, 2008 1:23 PM

So I pay one time for the software or is it an anuual subscription?

JcRabbit
Reply #8 Friday, November 7, 2008 1:25 PM
Thanks Zubaz!

People, you are being given a one-time chance of purchasing $74.85 worth in software for only $19.95 during the next few hours.  Have a look at this:

NextSTART: $24.95
WorkShelf + NeXuS + Desktop Widgets: $29.95
Winstep Start Menu Organizer Pro: $19.95
Total for individual applications: $74.85

Winstep Xtreme (includes all the above software): $39.90

Winstep Xtreme 24-hour promotion: $19.95 (you save $54.90)
ZubaZ
Reply #9 Friday, November 7, 2008 1:31 PM

angus1949
I hear you angus . . your initail post indicated interest . . I'll not be forcing you to buy Winstep at this time.

JcRabbit
Reply #10 Friday, November 7, 2008 1:36 PM
So I pay one time for the software or is it an anuual subscription?
Your purchase of Winstep Xtreme entitles you to 1 full year of free updates and any new product additions to the Winstep Xtreme suite released durint that period (as it happened recently with the brand new Winstep Start Menu Organizer Pro).

Any updates you download during that year are yours to keep FOREVER. Once that year elapses, when you see a new version that you like enough, you can purchase it for only $19.95, which is a fraction of the original $39.90 purchase price. This purchase in turn will entitle you to another year of free updates and so on...

Note that this is not exactly a subscription as there is NO PENALTY whatsoever for letting your 1 year of free updates elapse. You can spend 5 years without upgrading, and, when you finally decide to, you still pay only $19.95 for the new version and another year of FREE upgrades.
WebGizmos
Reply #11 Friday, November 7, 2008 3:01 PM
Thanks JC! Took the plunge! Will I be receiving a download link?
JcRabbit
Reply #12 Friday, November 7, 2008 3:08 PM
Welcome aboard, WebGizmos!

No, the trial version and the registered version are one and the same, the license key simply allows you to use the software past the 30 day trial period.

You can download Winstep Xtreme from HERE, if you haven't already - please follow the instructions on the registration email only AFTER having installed the software.
WebGizmos
Reply #13 Friday, November 7, 2008 3:23 PM
Got it! Very cool! Thanks bud!
angus1949
Reply #14 Friday, November 7, 2008 3:26 PM

Indicating that you might be forcing me at some point in time?  I love it when you get rough!!!!!!!!

ZubaZ
Reply #15 Friday, November 7, 2008 4:00 PM

Indicating that you might be forcing me at some point in time? I love it when you get rough!!!!!!!

Reply #16 Friday, November 7, 2008 4:45 PM

Philly0381

Life and it's many decisions.

Philly, I've been using it for yrs. and the blend is great...better than Frosted Flakes...LOL.

Lantec
Had to take th plunge...just tooooo good of a deal.

Smart move, Lantec. It's a super program!

angus1949

angus, it's really a great program. I just renewed and it's worth every penny and more! Mix and match skins along with WC using different parts of it for different purposes and looks...the two are a great blend and compliment eachother beautifully!

bk13GarbageMan
Reply #17 Friday, November 7, 2008 10:54 PM
I just got it too, just waiting on the reg email!
PuterDudeJim
Reply #18 Friday, November 7, 2008 11:08 PM

Got it! Very cool! Thanks bud!

Welcome Webby!  I have been using Winstep for several years now. And one of the best things about it is that there are a lot of skins that match windowblinds skins, and were made by the same people. Cyclops comes to mind, as well as EZMax, I think? And there's many more! Winstep Xtreme is one awesome piece of software! Especially now, with the addition of the start menu organizer.  Thanx Jorge!

The__Goo
Reply #19 Friday, November 7, 2008 11:15 PM
well, i must say thats some pretty awesome stuff there. I wish i could afford it.
WebGizmos
Reply #20 Saturday, November 8, 2008 4:58 AM
Yeah....Now I gotta figure out how to skin this puppy!