Release your Inner Hero...

L.O.E.S.

Monday, May 19, 2008 by Skinhit | Discussion: Community

When 'Po Smedley introduced us to "The League Of Extraordinary Skinners" via a series of wallpapers paying comedic tribute to some of his fellow skinners, he had no idea what he had started! Po was bombarded with requests for coffee mugs, mouse mats and the like. Which he provided (they can be found here: Link ) Go on, get one, you know you want to!!!

So it was no wonder at all that we began dreaming of a desktop to match those fantastic walls and our coffee mugs!!! And, in true skinning tradition, a plan was hatched, Po was contacted and the league assembled!

This extraordinary suite is truly a community effort - involving 15 members of the Skinartisty community:

Fairyy, Asect, Bandit4edu, Boopish, Cavan1, DrillinBoss, Jimbo, Mike b 1954, Phoon, Pictoratus, 'Po Smedley, Pumakitten, Reppiks, Skinhit,and Stramp and SAM.

Some are experienced skinners and others are beginners, but all put their very best effort into making this an extraordinary suite! So get your coffee, and release your inner hero...because "THE LEAGUE WANTS YOU"!!

Suite includes:

Blind, Icon Pack, Cursors, Object Dock, Systemetrix, Right Click, Weather and Calendar Widgets, Rainlanders, Sidebar, Screensaver, Logons, Xion Player and a DX (in progress...to be released at a later date).

Features:

Cursors: DrillinBoss Link

DX Widgets: Weather widget and Calendar Widgets by Fairyy Pack 2 Link
Pack 1 Link
Clock Link

DX: Phoon (coming soon!)

Icon Package: Asect Link

Logons: Two distinct offerings: One from Pumakitten and the others from Stramp Link
Link

Animations
Optimized for WB 5&6, and should work with earlier versions
Vista Ready
By: Po Smedley,Boopish, Asect,Jimbo, Bandit4edu, DrillinBoss and Pumakitten

Xion Player: With Two Views: grunge metal and Smooth metal by Pumakitten Link

Testers: Reppiks, Skinhit, Phoon

Many thanks to our main testers: Reppiks, Skinhit and to our brilliant Marketing Team: Bandit4edu and Pumakitten! And to SAM not causing any trouble!!!! Extra thanks to the great and all powerful Phoon for his advise and the ocassional kick in the pants in regards to the blind!

ZubaZ
Reply #1 Monday, May 19, 2008 11:09 AM
Wow . . very, very cool.
It's always neat when a community of skinners comes together to create something great.
messiah1
Reply #2 Monday, May 19, 2008 11:42 AM
Damn! I should get out more...and by out I mean to other skin sites that I have accounts with...
Philly0381
Reply #3 Monday, May 19, 2008 11:50 AM

You are not the only one messiah1.

Just took a look at the suite, very nice and a fantastic and very talented group of skinners indeed.
I.R. Brainiac
Reply #4 Monday, May 19, 2008 12:18 PM
Impressive list...nice job skinners.
BigDogBigFeet
Reply #5 Monday, May 19, 2008 12:31 PM
Alot to dig into here. I'm goimg to enjoy this. Thanks.
zakai1369
Reply #6 Monday, May 19, 2008 1:02 PM
Great job all.

RickJP
Reply #7 Monday, May 19, 2008 2:02 PM
Great job all round need a larger screen 17" is just not big enough,

Xiandi
Reply #8 Monday, May 19, 2008 2:14 PM
It's an excellent suite, made by an excellent bunch of people!
starkers
Reply #9 Monday, May 19, 2008 4:48 PM
I've only downloaded and tried the WB and IP set so far (6.45am [not been to bed yet] and will look at the rest when I've had some sleep) but if these two are anything to go by, then the rest of the suite is superb and will be an excellent addition to my skins library.

Many thanks and congratulations to all who contributed their time, talents and efforts to this great community project, the result is most pleasing and much appreciated.

sAARGe
Reply #10 Monday, May 19, 2008 4:57 PM
17" is just not big enough

really ....

at a time i've used also 14" ...
starkers
Reply #11 Monday, May 19, 2008 5:09 PM
17" is just not big enough

And there was me thinking that of my 19"... and trying to come up with a feasible excuse for a 24" that'll fly with the missus.
vStyler
Reply #12 Monday, May 19, 2008 5:27 PM

Bigger is better?
vStyler
Reply #13 Monday, May 19, 2008 5:28 PM
Nice work by all involved too
zakai1369
Reply #14 Monday, May 19, 2008 7:07 PM

Recently went from a 17" to a 22" and boy was it worth it. See I knew there were more good reasons for never getting married
Fairyy~
Reply #15 Monday, May 19, 2008 7:17 PM
I just want to say thank you to Betty and the LOES Team for inviting me to work on this project. I really enjoyed taking part in the creation of this awesome suite.

Betty ( Boopish ) has asked me to thank all that commented and the LOES Team hopes you enjoy the suite.

L.O.E.S Suite Download @
Skinartistry.com

WWW Link
butch123
Reply #16 Monday, May 19, 2008 7:30 PM
Great job all.
Jafo
Reply #17 Monday, May 19, 2008 8:08 PM

Tell her about those two 'famous' lies of marriage.....his..."no, your bum doesn't look fat in that" and hers "no dear, size doesn't matter"....

starkers
Reply #18 Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:24 AM
See I knew there were more good reasons for never getting married

Ah!!! Another 'why buy a screwdriver when you can borrow the neighbours' type of guy, eh???

Dunno I wanna go there with either of those...

In the first instance, I get "you lying bastard" and a clip around the ear when she storms past to change into something else... er, less clingy. Uh oh!!!

On the second count, well I'm frequently told size DOES matter... it matters when my belly (a remnant from my beer drinking days) encroaches on to her side of the bed... it matters when we cuddle and she complains that can't get her arms around me.

Yup... size matters orright!!
zakai1369
Reply #19 Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:25 AM

No no that analogy just doesn't work.

They'd be happy to have a screwdriver returned to them when you're done with it.
Skinhit