What are you "working" on?

Tuesday, January 9, 2007 by Island Dog | Discussion: Community

I was just curious to know what everyone is working on at the moment.  I was wanting to make a Valentines Day widget, but I don't think I will have time to finish it before then.

If you have any "teasers", feel free to post them if you wish.

ZubaZ
Reply #1 Tuesday, January 9, 2007 10:34 PM
I've been talking about it since the GUI champs and tried to talk a few people into it but nothing has come of it.

I want a skin that looks like human flesh. I want the buttons to look like fresh tattoos.

At this point I'm just trying to find good skin. Then . . learn paint.net. Then . .SKS.

I figure I'll have something done by Friday afternoon.

Skin sample 1: WWW Link
and 2 WWW Link
PoSmedley
Reply #2 Tuesday, January 9, 2007 11:11 PM
This is a bad thread for me. No one ever asks me what I'm working on. I feel like Ned Flander's must have felt when Homer asked him to read the Bible to him.

Still trying to do a windowblind..

another effort...

my first effort and still incomplete...

and a widget I can't make the script for..trying to get the objects/icons to revolve...sort of a space saver/shortcut widget..(Those are not my icons, I am using some png's to test it with)

I won't bore you with all the walls I am working on. lol. This is enough.
Jimbo9294
Reply #3 Tuesday, January 9, 2007 11:21 PM
After having sometime off around the holidays, I am now, in the process of updating the SummerBreeze Theme". I also recieved some wallpaper and screen saver requests that I am mulling around. And I am also working on my website DeskTopMakers.
Jafo
Reply #4 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 12:16 AM
Installing OS2 on an old machine...
Skinhit
Reply #5 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 12:27 AM
Island Dog, great thread! Mr.Smedley....that first one is delicious!

here's mine...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
tawoods
Reply #6 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:27 AM
Close to finishing up my website
WebGizmos
Reply #7 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:31 AM
I'm with Skinhit Po'...that first skin looks very nice...hope to see a finished product!
PixelPirate
Reply #8 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 5:33 AM
Ohhh, icons right now, I need to roll out a couple of updates on Liquidox and perhaps Encoded, need to redo the website again, getting tired of it already, lots of stuff to do, now that I finished painting the kitchen ceiling.
sViz
Reply #9 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 5:53 AM
Nice thread.

Two things:

A new version of my rss reader. This one with add/delete rss, fast forward, rewind, play, change color, font stylings etc.

And a todo list. Yeah, I know there are already quite a few out there but I wanted to learn to make one. Once finished it should have a daily list(on top), a weekly list that changes depending on what day it is(on bottom) and 3 or more quick lists that open out like pop up menus (the three at the bottom corner). Not quite sure on the design, what do you guys think?

Lantec
Reply #10 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 7:00 AM
Hyundai Dealership......grading & drainage plan
Island Dog
Reply #11 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 7:38 AM
Wow.  Glad to see there are some cool things in the works.

Fairyy~
Reply #12 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 11:57 AM
Honestly I have no motivation to work on anything at the moment. I'm trying to set up a new Laptop my kids gave me for Christmas and I'm getting more frustrated by the day. New stuff to me is not fun. I feel like I'm out of my league with this and Im ready to give it back to them

Po..your blinds look very promising - I like them all. Number one looks like my kind of blind. Keep it up
rabidrobot
Reply #13 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 2:09 PM
Cool thread, can't wait to see some of the finished releases!

I'm working on some meters for Windows Sidebar (just getting started):

And also an easy-skin analog clock for the Vista desktop and possibly Sidebar too, is in the works:
CerebroJD
Reply #14 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 3:03 PM
A wb skin concept based on Ford's new Mustang concept car.
Island Dog
Reply #15 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 3:06 PM

Rabidrobot, those are looking very nice!  Please keep me updated on the progress.

Skarny
Reply #16 Thursday, January 11, 2007 5:17 AM
A few pics of stuff I've started...
Went through a phase a creating numerous file exploring objects, and of course, I've made my own original versions of desktop notes and calanders.

This is for playing a game-book where you navigated around a map on a quest. The object 'automates' the book and allows you to play in a point and click fashion and keep track of stats.

A tiny little file explorer.

Another gamebook playing object - links to the internet version of Joe Devers Lone Wolf game book series. Again, keeps track of all stats, skills weapons etc.

A desktop note.

Meant to be an elegant/professional 'paper/parchment' desktop replacement - has a working apointments and tasks ledger with nice calligraphy persentation, linked to calander, a file browser, and custom icon shortcut pages to link to useful files.

Another desktop theme meant to be more 'futury'. Lots of transparent panels and animation, the main central 'gizmo' is a hub to bring up various functions, one of which the animated file browser (shown) which auto populated the image viewer (below centre).

c242
Reply #17 Thursday, January 11, 2007 6:07 AM

Making progress with my skinnable system-info gadget.
NightTrainthedark
Reply #18 Thursday, January 11, 2007 6:14 AM
Remodel/addition to the Boston Museum of Science.
Island Dog
Reply #19 Thursday, January 11, 2007 8:21 AM
I have to say I am very impressed with the works in progress here.  I am very excited to see the finished products.

Keep the updates coming!

KellyW0498
Reply #20 Thursday, January 11, 2007 8:26 AM
I'm working on a fun novel.

Wow, you guys are all very talented.