Disney Desktop Icon Suite in the making by The SKin Factory

Sunday, January 15, 2006 by Diafragma | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

In the making... for more info go here>>> http://theskinsfactory.com/skinsfactory/?page=fvportfolio&id=166
dave86
Reply #1 Sunday, January 15, 2006 7:57 PM
The description says it's on indefinite hiatus...but I definitely hope that the project progresses further! I saw it the other day, and it's amazing!
Morpheous416
Reply #2 Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:46 PM
Yep....it's a great theme. They do killer work.

I was discussing this in another thread, and I am hoping to get some info as to when it will be released. If I do, I'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as I can.
Diafragma
Reply #3 Monday, January 16, 2006 11:03 AM
..and I thought more people would react to this upcoming beauty...
ZubaZ
Reply #4 Monday, January 16, 2006 11:19 AM
..and I thought more people would react to this upcoming beauty...

It's beautiful. I think that TSF did a great job of capturing the spirit of Disney.
But a vision of a dream . . . not much you can do with it.

Posted via WinCustomize Browser/Stardock Central
d0p3y2k4
Reply #5 Monday, January 16, 2006 11:30 AM
not to bad i like the start button looks cool so does the icons very good work tsf
Morpheous416
Reply #6 Monday, January 16, 2006 12:21 PM
I was thinking about what "indefinite hiatus" would really mean. I know it's not for the inexpensive Mickey Mouse computer already out on the market, so maybe Disney is working with another company like Alienware to introduce another Disney themed machine for it's release. Who knows but TSF.

For me, I surely hope not. I realize that getting a themed machine entitles you to rare, non-public releases of themes, but IMHO, for a decent price some of those themes should be made available to others who have paid subscriptions to say, StarWars, Disney Club....etc, etc where we have already paid to get limited edition accessories.
Diafragma
Reply #7 Monday, January 16, 2006 12:28 PM
I agree with you Morpheous, they would still make alot of extra money selling these themes...
Morpheous416
Reply #8 Monday, January 16, 2006 2:46 PM
Yes they would. This would leave the sales open to others, instead of just the extremely minute few who want a themed computer. Personally, I would love to have the Star Wars Alienware case....but not what's inside. That's my territory!!!

I don't want pre-chosen components when I am spending $3,000 on a system. OEM parts are bad enough dealing with customer support (sometimes, it's not the general rule)...and have shorter warranty cycles.

Now, should Alienware offer that case with their new X2 system, it would spike my interest, but then again...I have been into the custom scene for far too long to turn back to any OEM system. I guess my bad experience with Gateway didn't help...but I like having the choice to put in what I want, when I want, and the guarantee lies with me.

I'll do some asking around at different sites to see if themes like this will be available to the public that are willing to pay for them.
funkyem5
Reply #9 Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:06 PM
can u email me funkyem5@hotmail.com me and mi m8 looked at this and we would luv it on are pc there must be a site where we can download it its reli gd
funkyem5
Reply #10 Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:06 PM
funkyem5
Reply #11 Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:08 PM
heya add me funkyem5@hotmail.com i reli like it so does mi m8 they must of got it sumwhere
Bandit4edu
Reply #12 Monday, August 14, 2006 11:06 AM
?
Bichur
Reply #13 Monday, August 14, 2006 8:41 PM
WebGizmos
Reply #14 Monday, August 14, 2006 9:15 PM
Yeah! Yet another $3000 skin! Great skin...but I can never see the point of showing us these TSF skins if we can't get them.
Lantec
Reply #15 Monday, August 14, 2006 9:24 PM
Don't they teach kids how to 5p311 anymore?
I get brain cramps trying to read some of the posts.......
ZubaZ
Reply #16 Monday, August 14, 2006 9:30 PM
5p311

It took me way too long to figure that out. I consider that a good thing.
Adamness
Reply #17 Monday, August 14, 2006 10:13 PM
Doesn't matter anyway. Seems like someone just wanting something for free that, well, isn't.
Pam Hendrickson
Reply #18 Sunday, December 2, 2007 5:18 PM
So does anyone know the status of this theme? You can't download it anywhere...
Leo the Lion
Reply #19 Sunday, December 2, 2007 6:00 PM
Has anyone spoken to Jesh @ TSF recently? Disney are a very hard company to please and are very careful when it comes to decision making on anything. A great company and very professional in everything they do. I should know.......I work for them
vStyler
Reply #20 Sunday, December 2, 2007 6:06 PM
This won't be released..imo, it's been on the shelf for bloody ages.