Wincustomize is getting harder to please... :(

Monday, November 14, 2005 by homeryulo | Discussion: Community

as for my case, people here are getting harder to please...I have submitted almost 6 walls and not one of them recieved a good grade from the community, including my newly submitted wall. Well I guess I also have my shortcomings with these works but rest assured all of them took hard work and lots of thinking. Yasahikushitekurenaina...shikataganai...ill do better next time.
Double Zero
Reply #1 Monday, November 14, 2005 9:33 PM
Your doing *Fantastic* works... Just remember you'll never please all the people all the time, you have to please only a few people some of the time..the the very most important thing is that you please yourself!

Hang in there, From what I have seen and downloaded, you are one *Awesome artist!!
Lantec
Reply #2 Monday, November 14, 2005 9:38 PM
Your latest submission, I believe it's called Dragon's Heart is good. I like it and I have it. It was fairly high rated when I looked (7 or 8) The one before that I didn't rate but I can't do white backgrounds. Makes me snowblind after a little while. I did like the artwork tho.

DZ's right, stay with it, you do good stuff.
Phoon
Reply #3 Monday, November 14, 2005 9:39 PM
Homeryulo,
Of all the Wallpaper artists here, I think you are one of the best. It's going to be hard to match the sheer spectacular genius of Bilog though. That was your finest hour so far and I'm sure we are just beginning to experience the depths of your talents. Keep going !!
Jafo
Reply #4 Monday, November 14, 2005 9:44 PM
I checked the ratings of the last 4 walls....there's a fair mix of 'opinions' but nothing stands out as evil or vindictive...
homeryulo
Reply #5 Monday, November 14, 2005 9:48 PM
thank you very much for that nice words....I promise to make every work as good as I can...I believe my works are inspired by this community so much that I always try to produce quality works as much as I can....I hope I can still count on this community for support. Thanks!
Sleeping Dragon
Reply #6 Monday, November 14, 2005 9:52 PM
Subarashii desu, Homeryulo san. Shigata ga nai.
Apocalypse_67
Reply #7 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:12 AM
Homeryulo, I really enjoy the work you do and have a tendency to rate them high because I know all the effort you put in them and your attention to details is uncanny, unfortunately other people don’t take this things under consideration when rating this kind of work.
But if you keep uploading, I'll keep downloading.
TYCUS
Reply #8 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:53 AM
Man..., i´m sorry if i don´t leave any comment on your skins...., but maybe this is the time:

Great work at your last creation! i licke your last creation: Dragon Heart..., in the bigging, when i read the tittle i thout that the wall was about the movie...., but when i see it i get impressed with your work!

Keep going, i realy licke your work!

My favorites are(wallpapers):
-Dragon Heart
-Complementary
-PGL Wired
-Connectivity II (blue style)
Cyberworld
Reply #9 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:04 AM
Wincustomize is getting harder to please...

Ditto my friend.
alpha-omega
Reply #10 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:26 PM
Wincustomize is getting harder to please...

Also ditto my friend.

I believe for me it is because I dare to speak out about things that I
feel are wrong. It seem here that you have to conform, or be ousted.
Anyhow, you know how I feel about your work and I always will.
p.s. Remember this isn't the only skinning site and certainly not the best either.
Go to DeviantART, you have a choice when joining, FREE or a paid subscriber. The only
difference is that on the FREE one you don't get all the bells and whistles, who cares.
You still get your own personal site and the community there seems to act a lot more maturely.
The other main thing which is the most important thing is that they cater for ALL, not just
"Stardock" skinning software and a few other very select freeware softwares.
There is no rating system which I think is great, just FAVs.
Keep up the good work and maybe we will see you on DevART one day soon.
As for me and Chimera, we have just had a LAST submission posted here, and NO MORE.
Kupotek
Reply #11 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:35 PM
omg ~ i am totally blown away by your artwork. I normally go for less technology style, more nature, but Namida and Dragonheart are two of my favorites of your work, but altogether I am thoroughly impressed by your sense of proportion, detail, and symmetry and color.

Amazing talent, keep up the great work!!!

Kupo
BlueDev
Reply #12 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:40 PM
Hmm, I love them man. Even if a lot of them aren't the kind of thing I like having on my desktop (often a bit too techy and busy for me), I admire each and every one of them. Keep up the fantastic work!
Jonep
Reply #13 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:57 PM
Eazy Homeryulo, man your walls are truly inspirational you hit the mark every time Bruv, Your one of my fav artists,
hearts for travel, bilog, Astig
BoXXi
Reply #14 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:03 PM
I'm a fan or your work too, it's good stuff! Your ratings all seem to be quite high. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
CerebroJD
Reply #15 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:47 PM
Alpha-omega... am I to understand that you are leaving WinCustomize?
Lantec
Reply #16 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:52 PM
am I to understand that you are leaving WinCustomize?

Never mind I found it.
Jafo
Reply #17 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:32 PM

and the community there seems to act a lot more maturely.

There must be a parallel universe with a whole new hitherto unknown Devart....

BoXXi
Reply #18 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:33 PM
hahahahahaha......you kill me Jafo.
homeryulo
Reply #19 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 8:35 PM
wooow...thanks a lot everyone..its things like these that keep me sticking here at wincusto, never thought you appreciate my works that much..

Like I said, wincusto is the reason why i strive to make my work good everytime, people are really hard to please here so you have no other way but to make your work more impressive. I may have some frustrations sometimes but that is a part of a learning process, all you have to do is to motivate your self to do better next time.

as for my friend alpha-omega, I have seen your work and they are great, I am also a member of deviantart and other skinning sites..but only this site is my favorite cause this is where I started and whre I develop as an artist. I hope you may reconsider your decisions of not submitting works here, just cool it off a bit;) this site has a lot to offer like other skinning sites. Keep it up!

thanks thanks thanks!
MountainDragon
Reply #20 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 8:46 PM
Homer - this thread caused me to check out your latest wall, and I liked it so much I had to post a screenshot of it: Link