Right-Click [BETA] for Object Desktop subscribers!!

Tuesday, October 12, 2004 by Woodbridge | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Check your Stardock Central people!

History

0.90

Initial beta

GhoS
Reply #1 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 5:53 PM
Yup got it and its a nice addition.

Powered by SkinBrowser!
NightTrainthedark
Reply #2 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 5:58 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeet!
Reppiks
Reply #3 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 6:24 PM
It's looking good, however it stops the animation of "ObjectDock". The shortcuts work, they just don't expand when you hover on them.
TasT
Reply #4 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 6:26 PM
Also doens't seem to work with DX
hashonboat
Reply #5 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 6:39 PM
OK....What does this do? I installed it and rt click on stuff nut I don't see 'nothin happenin'

What am I missing?
Koasati
Reply #6 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:00 PM
OK....What does this do?

It's a configurable right-click desktop menu.

Koasati is so happy..........

CerebroJD
Reply #7 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:04 PM
Koasati
Reply #8 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:07 PM

I can confirm that.

Also doens't seem to work with DX

Works with DX here.......... maybe it's theme related.

CerebroJD
Reply #9 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:11 PM

Doubly confirmed. Happens here too.

Also doens't seem to work with DX

Un-hides my desktop icons.
NightTrainthedark
Reply #10 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:23 PM
Unhides my desktop icons and unloads the wallpaper leaving background color. I reload the wall and it stays until I unload the right click. Then the wall unloads again. I am running Natural desktop. No object dock to confirm.
Reppiks
Reply #11 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:28 PM
Will the right people see this info here, or should it be reported somewhere else?
dabe
Reply #12 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:51 PM
Regarding ObjectDock, the flyouts are useless if you can't see the labels. I can't see the labels for any of my OD+ icons, for that matter. And, the flyouts open, but they don't rotate/around to advance more folders. But, as I said, it's useless anyway, without labels.

But, I cannot even figure out how this works. Where can you apply the right click. When I right click on the desktop, for instance, all I get is the same ol' right click menu. Nothing has changed. Nothing is different. What am I missing? If there is no advantage to RightClick, I'm gonna uninstall if for now. But, I await your response. TIA

Powered by SkinBrowser!
Koasati
Reply #13 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 8:06 PM

You do have the RightClick program running don't you? I know it's an obvious thing, but it does sound like it's not running.
Why not start a new thread about your OD label problem, so we don't get off topic, unless of course you lost the labels when you started RC.

hashonboat
Reply #14 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 8:34 PM
Okay...I got it running...Pretty cool...By the Way, I'm running DX and it's fine so far as I can see
Will Rose
Reply #15 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 8:41 PM
I can confirm that RightClick does not display any menu if IconX is running (as part of DX, which is the only way I run IconX). I can get the configuration box via the systray icon, but no "rightclick menu" at all. If DX/IX is not running, RightClick works fine.

I find it impossible to believe it was not tested in this configuration, but there was no mention of it not working in the release note.
TasT
Reply #16 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 8:41 PM
I have desktopX running with IconX and right click will not work, however when I unload IconX it works fine. so the problem is not DX it IX.

someone check this one out quick, I can't live without IconX
goodmorphing
Reply #17 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 9:41 PM
I have DX.  It doesn't work as right click, but it does if I use my *windows* key.
Koasati
Reply #18 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 9:47 PM
Diane... if you want the Windows key back to deafult....... Open the Configuration dialog > Hotkey tab, and use the Clear Key button.
goodmorphing
Reply #19 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 9:51 PM

Ahhhh, that worked.  Right click works now.  I'm going to have to play with it some...

Thanks~

elvee
Reply #20 Tuesday, October 12, 2004 10:18 PM
Same here, not working with IconX running.

Powered by SkinBrowser!