Huh? He was here a minute ago...

Steve's gone

Thursday, May 2, 2024 by DrJBHL | Discussion: Community

I had sent some im's to Steve, aka WebGizmos (https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/all/search/WebGizmos ), that went unanswered. Then I checked his facebook page and noted his last post was from July, 2023.

With apprehension, I searched the web, and found the link noted above: https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/mcall/name/stephen-welsh-obituary?id=52685660. So I im'd Lightstar, and RedneckDude to learn if they had heard anything...but no, they hadn't.

I im'd Jorge (JcRabbit), but he hasn't answered yet...he has a new baby at home, so that might take a while. Jorge was a generous friend to Steve, sending him a new computer when his old one went to the Pearly Gates Repair Service.

So, why rush with the obituary? Well, because knowing him, it seems pretty clear he's gone, and everyone should have people who acknowledge, love and miss them.

"See? I told you I was sick." comes to mind. We used to laugh about that one.

Since we talked often, he revealed he was having pain and tightness in his left arm. Well, it didn't sound coronary, but I advised him to go to the hospital. To make a long story shorter, and for me more bearable to tell, it turned out he had a Thalamic stroke. The pain and discomfort were severe, and pretty much untreatable...and the available options weren't available, really, with his health insurance. He therefore stopped skinning. This was around the time Xiandi made "Pressurized", I think. He had to use opioids. His dog, Kannon (his only companion) died well before him, sadly.

Because of an immanent ceiling collapse and rent problems, Steve moved to a new place, last year. He became scooter dependent for his mobility. He couldn't maintain his old truck.

In July, 2023 he entered Hospice care, and passed on in August 2023.

Anyhow, that's the story as far as I know...kind of disjointed, but that's how I'm feeling at the moment.

Rest in Peace, Steve. You were a good, kind soul who didn't ask for much in this life. Jafo, thanks for promoting him to Master, back then.

If anyone feels the urge, you can leave a comment on the link above for the funeral home.

JcRabbit
Reply #1 Thursday, May 2, 2024 1:40 AM

I only found out about Steve's passing today when Seth told me about it via IM.

Steve (aka WebGizmos) was a prolific Winstep skinner for many years and we used to talk quite a bit back in the time. I considered him a friend (and I think he did the same regarding me), but, as so many times it happens, life eventually got in the way and I ended up losing contact with him (although he sometimes still left funny comments on my Facebook page lol).

It was with shock and great sadness that I learned about his passing.

I hope you are well, my friend, wherever you are now. RIP Steve, I will remember you with fondness

ArileenDesign
Reply #2 Thursday, May 2, 2024 3:43 AM

Sad news.

RIP WebGizmos 😭

Jafo
Reply #3 Thursday, May 2, 2024 5:02 AM

Steve achieved 'Master' status in 2012, but to me he was always a Master.

R.I.P., Steve.

Fuzzy Logic
Reply #4 Thursday, May 2, 2024 5:18 AM

A very sad loss. RIP Steve.

Jan Oscar
Reply #5 Thursday, May 2, 2024 5:34 AM

RIP. Sad to hear.

teddybearcholla
Reply #6 Thursday, May 2, 2024 9:04 AM

Very sad to hear.

LightStar
Reply #7 Thursday, May 2, 2024 9:39 AM

May you truly Rest in Peace Steve.

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Thursday, May 2, 2024 12:09 PM

Kinda funny short story, my memory ain't what it used to be, so, really short.

I seem to remember a few years back, my wife or I had some kind of health issue and we "called Seth" and talked for a good 20 minutes or so before finding that we we actually speaking with Steve.  We all giggled on that one!

Steve taught me Winstep skinning, and we were good friends for quite a few years.

I will miss you, Steve. I'm sorry for not doing better at staying in touch.  Rest well, my friend.

Reply #9 Thursday, May 2, 2024 12:21 PM

RedneckDude

Kinda funny short story, my memory ain't what it used to be, so, really short.

😅 Thanks, Red. I needed that.

crplair
Reply #10 Thursday, May 2, 2024 7:56 PM

Damn, damn, damn Steve! Such a wonderful soul!

c242
Reply #11 Sunday, May 5, 2024 5:54 AM

Very sad.

Chasbo
Reply #12 Sunday, May 5, 2024 6:29 AM

This is a shocker for sure. RIP GIZ

Matchbook
Reply #13 Thursday, July 18, 2024 1:15 AM

Makes me sad. We used to chat. I helped with his profile pic/avatar. ♥

Reply #14 Thursday, July 18, 2024 1:28 AM

Matchbook

Makes me sad. We used to chat. I helped with his profile pic/avatar. ♥

We used to talk a good deal...he was a genuinely good person, and I'll miss him forever.

Matchbook
Reply #15 Thursday, July 18, 2024 4:17 AM

Yea he was always more than cordial with me. There was a definite warmth to him. This stings,

I'm sorry for everyone's loss.