Board Sections due to users!

Sunday, December 21, 2003 by voo | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

What is wrong with this picture here... users posting absoloutely everything in the General Discussion, my eyes practicly bleed reading this section due to user's being so careless and not posting in the appropriate sections.

The mod's did not add General Discussion - Help Discussion - Skinning Discussion just to look pretty, have a look in Help or skinning section. There is hardly any posts for 14 - 20 hours or post's never been touched for days or even weeks.

Does it take that much effort to post or read in the appropriate section's, because people want an answer in 5 seconds... or because everybody must see it in General discussion to get so many posts etc

You do know there is also a Search facility to see if the question and answer already exists...

These sections of the board have a meaning, i just hope people could perhaps shape up right now general discussion is utter chaos. It is not upto the mod's spare time to tidy this up if users just took a bit of time and posted in the proper section's this might actually work better.

I'll probably get my kilt flamed for this, but who am i to care.

Party on lets get wild yehaww! NOT
Essencay
Reply #1 Sunday, December 21, 2003 8:19 AM
You are ever so right! See...Jafo's post

by Admin Jafo - 12/21/2003 6:48:25 AM
The inventor....do you think you could restrict yourself to amere dozen or so threads?

The more separate ones you post the sooner others' are bumped off the front page which isn't all that considerate....

If you post in the right section....you do get help... yrag is a person of example who reads the posts in the Help Discussion and has helped me out with problems in the past And he done did a fine job too
WOM
Reply #2 Sunday, December 21, 2003 8:39 AM
Yeah Voo, I said the same thing a few weeks ago. I guess ya have to post this every week.

Powered by SkinBrowser!
Larry Kuperman
Reply #3 Sunday, December 21, 2003 10:02 AM
I'll probably get my kilt flamed for this, but who am i to care.

Thats an image to carry me through the holidays! Voo, I told you we light CANDLES not KILTS!

But you are so right.
sig101
Reply #4 Sunday, December 21, 2003 10:14 AM
At one time I believe it was suggested that mods close SD/WC app help related threads with directions to post in the WC Help messageboard. Ditto for skinning questions to the Skinning board. That would help a bit perhaps if implemented.

Powered by SkinBrowser!
Hy_Rolr
Reply #5 Sunday, December 21, 2003 11:00 AM
Even a noob like me knows this, I directed Ms.ladym to the Help section.(posted yesterday) I looked around a little, could'nt find any FAQ's or anything else to help you. But you could try posting this in the WC Help Forum.(Ms.ladym post in General section, i downloaded the new enhanced version of window blinds for my windows 98 and when i open the file a message tells me only win 32 can open the file. what is that???)

You might find the answer there.

Powered by SkinBrowser!
I.R. Brainiac
Reply #6 Sunday, December 21, 2003 1:27 PM
Just stop responding to the ones who cant be bothered to look past the first page...or point them in the right direction.Some of us DO read the other sections and help when we can.
Sugaree
Reply #7 Sunday, December 21, 2003 1:28 PM
right now general discussion is utter chaos

Just the way I like-it

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #8 Sunday, December 21, 2003 1:31 PM
hehe... you would
GhoS
Reply #9 Sunday, December 21, 2003 1:36 PM
I still feel this problem continues to manifest itself because Wincustomize has a different looking message board than you find elsewhere. People who are new to the site cannot as easily tell that there are sections. It appears at the top of the website as just subjects that are allowed, not separate boards. It says "sections" but it is not clear they are separate sections. Personally I don't have a problem with it, but I have been here for quite some time, its the newer users who are used to the setup of other message boards that don't follow the setup here.

Powered by SkinBrowser!