Wednesday, March 8, 2023 by Derell Licht | Discussion: Skinning
This thread started out with me discovering a 20-year-old skin that I really love!! However, I had to make a few changes in colors for certain items, to make various menus and other items readable under Windows 10 Pro, with WB10...
I'm wishing to prepare a revised version of this skin, with my changes (in a SubSkin), and re-introduce this 2003 skin to the world... however, I have encountered two issues...
1. I don't know where SkinStudio 10 stored my changes?!?! The original skin that I dounloaded, does not appear to have been modified with any of my changes; apparently SS10 stores revised skins elsewhere?? But *where* ??
2. The second issue is, I need to find out if I can even legally do this (modify and re-release a skin) ...
The skin is "sandstone", by an artist named 'geyster', who last visited here in 2010 ...
So, please provide advice on both of these questions??
Actually, even if I *cannot* distribute a copy of this modified skin, I still need to know where SkinStudio is storing all of my modified skins, because I have modified several over the years, and I don't have backups of any of them!!
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!