How to safely try new skin

Without losing my current preset

Monday, July 26, 2021 by EKucera | Discussion: WindowBlinds

Hello,

I  am currently running Win XP Retro, heavily customized and saved with a preset.

What will happen to it if I run AeroExecutive.wba - and maybe don't like it - will my saved preset still be there if I then re-run WinXPRetro.wba?

Or is there a better way that someone can suggest?

Thanks and regards  Emil

basj
Reply #1 Monday, July 26, 2021 10:05 PM

Hello,
Need to know more on what you mean by :

Please elaborate.

Thanks
Basj,
Stardock Community Assistant.

RedneckDude
Reply #2 Monday, July 26, 2021 10:09 PM

Yes, it should be as long as you saved the preset.

Every preset I ever saved remains useable through multiple skin changes.

basj
Reply #3 Monday, July 26, 2021 10:14 PM

RedneckDude

Yes, it should be as long as you saved the preset.

Hello Jim,

Maybe I am at loss or getting to old, how do you save a WBA preset? Skinstudios substyles?

Basj,
Stardock Community Assistant

bobj420
Reply #4 Monday, July 26, 2021 10:34 PM

Quoting RedneckDude,

Yes, it should be as long as you saved the preset.

Hello Jim,

Basj,
Stardock Community Assistant

basj
Reply #5 Monday, July 26, 2021 10:50 PM

Wow, I never see that before.  Thanks

bobj420
Reply #6 Tuesday, July 27, 2021 12:46 AM

Wow, I never see that before.  Thanks

You're welcome.

EKucera
Reply #7 Tuesday, July 27, 2021 12:00 PM

Hello,
Need to know more on what you mean by :
I am currently running Win XP Retro, heavily customized and saved with a preset.Please elaborate.

Nothing that special, just that it took a lot of trial an error to get the colors the way I wanted. Now that you have assured me I won't lose the preset, I should be ok. Will report on any success or yell for help in case of failure Thanks and regards, Emil

EKucera
Reply #8 Tuesday, July 27, 2021 2:25 PM

Update: All's well, and thanks again. Emil

RedneckDude
Reply #9 Wednesday, July 28, 2021 11:23 AM

Quoting RedneckDude,

Yes, it should be as long as you saved the preset.

Hello Jim,

Basj,
Stardock Community Assistant

Sorry to be late, been a bit sick lately.

Yes, Jazlan, you can save a preset.  Thanks for answering bobj420.