Need Help with POP-UPs not skinning properly

Friday, July 16, 2021 by NeverExists07 | Discussion: WindowBlinds

Hey, for the last few years and through 6 different computers, I have had this issue where all the pop-up messages are only partially skinned. It doesn't matter whose skin I use they all have the same issues. Any help would be great. Like I said I've had this issue on all my laptops and desktops through the last 8 years, and I've been through prob 6-8 computers.

basj
Reply #1 Friday, July 16, 2021 2:11 AM

Hello,
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Need to know, what applications pop up you see those pop ups?

Thanks
Basj,
Stardock Community Assistant.

NeverExists07
Reply #2 Friday, July 16, 2021 2:01 PM

it happens with all popups I think. The application in the pic is qbittorent. I don't know the easiest way to get a pop up to test it.

AzDude
Reply #3 Friday, July 16, 2021 2:13 PM

Hello,

I have forwarded your report to the Stardock support team for their review and recommendations.

Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates.

We really do appreciate your feedback, thanks.

AzDude
Reply #4 Friday, July 16, 2021 2:46 PM

Hello ,

We need you to do a Clean Boot to see if 3rd party software is the issue .

Would you Please do a Clean Boot: https://forums.stardock.com/486023/windowblinds-support-faq#cleanboot

Test and report back here please.

AzDude
Stardock Community Assistant

2of3
Reply #5 Friday, July 16, 2021 3:06 PM

That behavior is normal. No amount of purging will help you when the warning dialogs are hard coded. Has been that way since Win10 was new. This is why when I do a dark skin like Pelorous shown in the OP, I always do a light version as well. Maybe Windows 11 will be better.......

2of3
Reply #6 Friday, July 16, 2021 3:15 PM

Although a more common hard coded UI inconsistency generally would look more like this.

I guess it depends on what program is issuing the warning.