ObjectDesktop and Windows 11 Developers Preview

Just my Experience

Friday, July 9, 2021 by RedneckDude | Discussion: Skinning

Just for shits and giggles, these are my findings so far on Windows 11.

CursorFX --- works.

DeskScapes --- works.  Multiple monitors even!

WindowFX --- works.  Except on context menus and start menu.

SpaceMonger --- works.

SoundPackager --- works.

Tiles --- Oh hell no.

I haven't tried any others, but stay tuned!

SimplexDesigns
Reply #1 Friday, July 9, 2021 11:55 PM

Icon packager an Object dock also works on 11. For icon packager through, the 3d live folder icons from vista/7/8/10 no longer skin properly due to the layout change to them.

RedneckDude
Reply #2 Saturday, July 10, 2021 2:22 PM

Maybe these kind of threads may help Stardock in the getting ready for 11.

AceMatrix
Reply #3 Saturday, July 10, 2021 8:51 PM

Well , as an icon developer, I would love to see Iconpackager updated to accommodate the newer operating systems. The icon developer portion of the software still uses the Windows XP template , it would sure be a lot more fun creating those packages using a more modern template that reflects the windows 11 format , and would probably display a lot more relevant icons.

-- Ace --

RedneckDude
Reply #4 Sunday, July 11, 2021 7:09 PM

I have about decided that I don't want 11 to look like 7.  I'm kinda liking it mostly as is.

RedneckDude
Reply #5 Monday, July 26, 2021 2:00 PM

It seems that Multiplicity isn't playing well with Windows 11.

RedneckDude
Reply #6 Sunday, August 15, 2021 8:03 PM

DesktopX works just fine on Win 11.

c242
Reply #7 Monday, August 16, 2021 5:42 AM

Curtains,

WindowFX,

Multiplicity work.

No problems with other software I run daily.

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Monday, August 16, 2021 11:02 AM

Carl, I had issues with Multiplicity KVM Pro.   Which version do you have?

c242
Reply #9 Monday, August 16, 2021 1:44 PM

Also KVM Pro. But I use it on/off, no permanent use.

RedneckDude
Reply #10 Monday, August 16, 2021 11:18 PM

Curtains,
I loaded Curtains and the titlebars don't paint. Fully transparent.