Can The Run Dialog Be Skinned?

Sunday, January 3, 2021 by Mulsimine | Discussion: Skinning

I am a newcomer to WindowBlinds 10. I have been looking at some Dark themes for Windows 10 (like Dark Mode) and notice that the Run dialog is consistently left untouched by the theme creator. The Delete/Replace File dialog is untouched as well. I am curious if there is something special about certain system dialogs that prevents colorization?

LightStar
Reply #1 Sunday, January 3, 2021 8:54 PM

I don't know why you are having those issues, but the Run and Copy Dialogs in Windows 10 are always skinned. Do your issues occur in any other skins besides those dark ones?

Mulsimine
Reply #2 Sunday, January 3, 2021 9:47 PM

I will try a few more out here. I don't know what a theme looks like when it is displaying properly or if I have a dialog display issue. So I will just list another five as examples. If you need any more or if I misinterpreted what you were asking me for, please let me know.

Avant

Cadera

Christmas Holidays v.2

DiamondStar

Lantana

RetroX

Trill

VX1

White Beauty

Windows Zero

LightStar
Reply #3 Sunday, January 3, 2021 10:03 PM

Those are all skinned correctly, so it must be an issue with that Dark Mode skin.

Mulsimine
Reply #4 Sunday, January 3, 2021 10:32 PM

That is good news. Can the portion outlined in the images below be skinned so it appears as a color other than white/light?

LightStar
Reply #5 Monday, January 4, 2021 8:21 AM

Yes, it could be changed from within Windowblinds itself, but it would mess up the background color of many applications such as NotePad, Microsoft Office and many others. It is best to leave that color as white. It is not recommended.

Mulsimine