Sound setting in Windowblinds

Thursday, December 3, 2020 by JanOscar | Discussion: WindowBlinds

If a wb has sounds, they always play regardless if checking/un-checking this option. Never has worked for me. Not a big problem, since very few skins have sounds, but still. Better to just remove the setting if it's never going to be fixed.

basj
Reply #1 Thursday, December 3, 2020 10:56 AM

Hello,
Please suggest to me, which WB Skin that have sound that I can check.

Thanks
Basj,
Stardock Community Assistant.

JanOscar
Reply #2 Thursday, December 3, 2020 12:34 PM
basj
Reply #3 Friday, December 4, 2020 5:55 AM

Hello,
I have forward your problem/question to Stardock Support Team for their assistance. Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates. We appreciate your feedback and patience.

Basj,
Stardock Community Assistant

JanOscar
Reply #4 Saturday, December 12, 2020 9:30 PM

"I have forward your problem/question to Stardock Support Team".....

That standard phrase followed by silence in not only this thread, but several others, is totally unnecessary and do no good for Stardock or their customers. "We appreciate your feedback and patience"? Stop wetting my leg already! Ten days and no answer from anyone at Stardock to probably one of the easiest questions you ever get. Thank's for nothing

basj
Reply #5 Saturday, December 12, 2020 11:41 PM

Hello,

I am sorry, I can do what I can do. When I said, I forwarded your problem/question. I did just that. Forward this thread to Stardock's CM Channel (Support) in Microsoft's Teams. Its up to them to respond or not to it. Anyway, I just forward to them again.

Basj,
Stardock Community Assistant

JanOscar
Reply #6 Sunday, January 24, 2021 8:20 PM

Allow me to boldly try once more after waiting for an answer for nearly eight weeks:

Is the setting for turning sound on or off in Windowblinds, the flagship of the Stardock Object Desktop suite, working - or not?

BONEHEADdb
Reply #7 Sunday, January 24, 2021 9:31 PM

JanOscar

What's the hurry? There's 52 weeks in a year

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Sunday, January 24, 2021 11:09 PM

Better to just remove the setting if it's never going to be fixed.
Nailed it!

RedneckDude
Reply #9 Sunday, January 24, 2021 11:09 PM

JanOscar

"I have forward your problem/question to Stardock Support Team".....

Nailed it again!

RedneckDude
Reply #10 Sunday, January 24, 2021 11:10 PM

Forward this thread to Stardock's CM Channel (Support) in Microsoft's Teams.
New one on me. Thanks for telling us.

RedneckDude
Reply #11 Sunday, January 24, 2021 11:13 PM

With all due respect to Basj and AzDude, the generic answers to support questions serve mostly to turn off a customer. Especially us oldies who remember when support was a thing.

One of the reasons I "almost" left, and don't participate as much as I used to.

Us "oldies" are feeling somewhat alienated.

JanOscar
Reply #12 Monday, January 25, 2021 3:56 PM

And I have been assured in another thread that the question asked is not ignored. It's something else. If I say it's ignored, I have been told that my frustration of slow progress on this and other issues taint Stardock's entire body of work, so...

JanOscar
Reply #13 Thursday, May 20, 2021 9:47 AM

Nearly 6 months now, and still nothing. How can this be anything else than another post ignored by Stardock?

Neil Banfield
Reply #14 Monday, May 24, 2021 8:50 AM

This has been investigated and the issue identified.  It appears to have been a problem since I suspect WB5.

Hopefully the 10.88 update resolves this for you.

JanOscar
Reply #15 Monday, May 24, 2021 10:23 AM

Neil Banfield

Hopefully the 10.88 update resolves this for you.
Thank you!