Regarding Object Desktop software (win 10 compatible )

Slow down of WB , IP, Curtains

Thursday, October 8, 2020 by shrisudhan | Discussion: Object Desktop

Hello All

Good day.Recently I regret to say that windowblinds,curtains and icon packager are running very slow  or starting very very slowly. I think may be because of microsoft recent updates or policy change. I request you to look into it or update the software for the recent microsoft or windows policies . While changing skins or icon package , it is opening terribly slowly as if some bug is introduced and after application starts it takes lot more time to change skin or icon package.Curtains also the same issue. All stardock softwares are up to date .

Please note  :
1.All my softwares are genuine and working fine with good speed except stardock softwares
2.My K7 AV and total security and malware fighter v8 is subscribed and working fine with updates.
3.My genuine windows 10 pro 64 bit is fine with all updates
4.I am using intel i7 8th gen processor with 2.6Ghz(upto 4.6 GHz) , 16 GB of corsair RAM , Samsung 1 TB SSD
    hard disk,nvdia gtx 1070 with 8gb ram.
5. Everything was fine before a month and all this happens only recently.

I dont know whether I am only facing this issue. Please let me know if others also face the same issue recently.

Expecting a good solution from the community.

Thanks and regards

shrisudhan

08.10.20

basj
Reply #1 Thursday, October 8, 2020 7:26 AM

Hello,
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Would like to know more on your issue.

1. Windows full version numbers. Please use Winver.exe for full Windows version numbers.
  2. One or two video grab off the issue would help us understand your issues.

Thanks
Basj,
Stardock Community Assistant.

Daiwa
Reply #2 Thursday, October 8, 2020 11:43 AM

Don't know which version of Win10 you're running, but the 2004 version really screwed things up on my laptop while causing no apparent issues on my desktop, both relatively young Dell machines.  Open dialogs would take 3-4 seconds to paint, some applications would launch and immediately disappear locking the machine up in the process.  Had to roll back to 1909 on the laptop to resolve the problems.

Just in case it's the OS updates & not SD's software, which is running without issue on version 2004 on my desktop & on version 1909 on my laptop, currently including Curtains & IconPackager.

shrisudhan
Reply #3 Thursday, October 8, 2020 12:24 PM

Hello,thanks for responding.Curtains and WB takes 3-4 times longer than before. Normal start I was having b4 is 5-10 secs.Now it is taking 35 - 40 secs or more to start and more than that to settle. IP after applying is running normally,but when you go for another pack it is also taking too much time to apply the package.My window version is

if version update is the problem , please confirm .

Thanks

shrisudhan

Daiwa
Reply #4 Thursday, October 8, 2020 3:34 PM

Looks like you are on version 2004, which was the problematic version on my laptop.  Not saying that is for sure the problem with your rig, but it might be worthwhile to roll back to 1909 & see if those issues go away - doing that fixed the issues I was having on the laptop with 2004.  Seems Win10 updates can affect different machines in different ways.  Can always re-update to 2004 later if that turns out to not be the source of your troubles.  Good luck!

basj
Reply #5 Thursday, October 8, 2020 8:06 PM

You could try cleanboot and see if there is something blocking them from working properly : https://forums.stardock.com/486023/windowblinds-support-faq#cleanboot and https://forums.stardock.com/500728/curtains-support-faq#CurtainsServiceStart . Try that and report back.

Basj,
Stardock Community Assistant

shrisudhan
Reply #6 Sunday, October 11, 2020 2:24 AM

Hi all , Good day. I found the real problem. The MAM(malwarebytes) which I was subscribing got over a month back and it was running as free version in the background.I did not uninstall that. Now after uninstalling that I am able to recover 60%-70% of speed back. But I am facing issue with speed still.Some of the other softwares are running a bit slow after windows 2004 update. Microsoft is running a lot of background application in this version and collects data to become monopoly.To promote edge browser they are interfering with other browsers also. Any way I will see for a few days and roll back to previous version if req. Thanks for all your response and share if you face any speed issues in this version of windows along with WB,IP and curtains and how to rectify that.

thanks

shrisudhan

Danny_2002
Reply #7 Monday, October 12, 2020 12:13 AM

I have the latest windows 10 pro update and none of my Stardock products are running any different than they did before the update. I have WIndowsblind 10, Curtains, CursorFX, and WindowsFX running ... oh yeah start10

shrisudhan
Reply #8 Monday, October 12, 2020 8:02 AM

Hi Danny  - what is your PC configuration?

Danny_2002
Reply #9 Tuesday, October 27, 2020 4:52 PM

shrisudhan

Hi Danny  - what is your PC configuration?

Spec?

Latests Windows 10 Pro

32GB Ram

Interl i7 6800k ( oldie LOL )

NVidia GeForce GTX 1070

is that what you meant?

shrisudhan
Reply #10 Wednesday, October 28, 2020 1:39 AM

Mine is i7 8700 and same NV gtx 1070 but ram is 16GB. Now not bad but still I am not satisfied.I have to refresh and reinstall windows 10 pro . Then it will be ok, I think. Any way thanks for sharing.