Anyone Know of a Theme That Looks Like Windows Vista?

Thursday, September 10, 2020 by VampireFox2 | Discussion: WindowBlinds

Windows Vista was the first Windows version I used. Had it on an old compaq machine. Does anyone know of a theme that looks like Vista? I've tried looking on here. I saw Vista Plus but that's a completely different custom theme on it's own.

JanOscar
Reply #1 Thursday, September 10, 2020 5:53 PM

To my knowledge, there are none. That's kind of the idea of using Windowblinds themes to NOT look like native Windows, and I would assume no-one saw any point in making a theme looking like a relatively new version of Windows that most people disliked. Just wait until it's not around anymore, then the retro Vista themes will pop up for sure.

Vampothika
Reply #2 Thursday, September 10, 2020 7:28 PM

broken aero?  That s the only one I can think of.  Its vista, but they made it look broken, with broken glass etc...its a cool skin

JanOscar
Reply #4 Thursday, September 10, 2020 8:45 PM

Thank you both for this!
I had completely forgotten about that one, Kitty!

raclark
Reply #5 Thursday, September 10, 2020 9:47 PM

I'm still checking daily for a Chicago theme for Curtains. I've seen it in screenshots as a theme for Curtains. Just haven't found it anywhere.

basj
Reply #6 Thursday, September 10, 2020 9:56 PM

raclark

Sometimes designer make styles that not for the public. For whatever reason he have. I believe its best you PM Danilo directly.

VampireFox2
Reply #7 Thursday, September 10, 2020 10:12 PM

JanOscar

LOL, that's literally what I use Windowblinds for is to make my machine look like other versions of Windows. Hope I'm not the only one. I agree it wasn't the most popular version but it holds a special place in me and I love the nostalgia, brings me back.

VampireFox2
Reply #8 Thursday, September 10, 2020 10:13 PM

Vampothika

Thanks!

VampireFox2
Reply #9 Thursday, September 10, 2020 10:14 PM

Thanks so much. I'm currently using that Vista theme and it's awesome. Gonna check out that 7 one also.

Digicoma
Reply #10 Saturday, November 7, 2020 8:47 PM

Just so you know, you aren't the only one.  I use plenty of other cool Windows Blinds from Wincustomize, but sometimes I just want my computer to remind me of nostalgia.  The whole reason I'm seeing this post is because I was looking for a Vista theme and couldn't find one.

Thanks to Simplex Designs, and your post of course, I now know.

Thank you everyone!

raclark
Reply #11 Saturday, November 7, 2020 9:25 PM

Quoting raclark,

I tried contacting him directly. I never got a response.