Wednesday, July 1, 2020 by kona0197 | Discussion: Personal Computing
Not sure everyone knows but for the longest time I was using a All-In-One HP computer. I was old, made around 2012. it had a dual-core Pentium G850 CPU @ 2.2 GHz, 4GB of DDR3, 500 GB 5400 RPM hard drive, and barely ran Windows 10. I upgraded the system with a 256 GB SSD and it ran decent enough, but I figured now was a good time to upgrade my computer to something better and newer. The only saving grace the old computer has was a 23" screen. I wanted to go back to a laptop, so I got a HP. It has a 10th Gen dual-core Intel Core I3 @ 1.2 Ghz with a speed boost up to 3.3 GHz and hyper-threading, 8 GB of DDR4, and a 256 GB SSD. 15.6" screen.
Not quite used to it yet...
* 10th gen CPU - but I see no difference from my old Pentium
* The newest and fastest DDR4 memory
* M.2 SSD drive
* 8 GB of RAM - never had more than 4 in any system
* Very snappy with booting, task switching, and loading web pages
* Flimsy - it's very thin and light, flexes quite easy
* No DVD drive
* No matter what setting I choose the display is too bright, the whites are not white enough and the blacks are not dark enough
* Crappy PC speakers - but it has Bluetooth so that's almost not an issue
* Keyboard has a slight rattle to it
* This CPU and GPU do not want to play my old Command & Conquer games
* Only 2 USB A ports and 1 USB C port
* Windows 10....
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!