Start10 v1.9 is Now Available

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 by redskittlesonly | Discussion: WinCustomize News

Stardock Releases v1.9 Update for Start10,
The Popular Windows Start Menu Application

Stardock released v1.9 for Start10, an easy-to-use program that returns the familiar Start menu to Windows 10, today. The update includes quality of life improvements, language updates, and more.

With Start10, users can select the familiar Windows 7 style menu or the Modern design as the foundation of a custom Start menu experience. Changing out colors, applying textures, and setting up filtered searches are just a few ways that Start10 blends the best of what users are looking for when launching their favorite applications. People who use Stardock's award-winning desktop software, Fences, can enjoy that same organization right from within the Start menu.

“No one wants to spend a long time searching for things on their desktop,” said Brad Wardell, CEO of Stardock. “Start10 makes it easy to establish search filters and navigate your apps. This new update improves  the interaction with the Windows 10 search bar, enhances performance, and improves compatibility with another one of our popular apps, WindowBlinds.”

v1.9 also includes jumplist support, updated French and Dutch translations, and more.

Start10 is $4.99 and is available through Stardock or on Steam. See a video of Start10 in action here, view more info here, and get additional media assets on our press page

For more information about other top desktop customization and productivity applications from Stardock, visit www.objectdesktop.com.

RedneckDude
Reply #1 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 5:17 PM

RedneckDude
Reply #2 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 5:20 PM

These were not like this before the update.

LightStar
Reply #3 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 5:39 PM

Having problems here like that too Jim, Back to version 1.8 I guess.

ALMonty
Reply #4 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 5:41 PM

Why is this called an update? I already have v1.9 installed.

LightStar
Reply #5 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 6:02 PM

ALMonty

Why is this called an update? I already have v1.9 installed.

Must have auto-updated without you knowing ALMonty.

Neil Banfield
Reply #6 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 6:14 PM

RedneckDude

It is known some skins which have not been designed correctly will suffer issues with resizing things.

ALMonty
Reply #7 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 6:24 PM

LightStar

Quoting ALMonty,

Why is this called an update? I already have v1.9 installed.

Must have auto-updated without you knowing ALMonty.

I don't think so Tom. When ever there's a StarDock update it makes me put in my password and there is a reboot.

Plus I have the UAC turned on so any update and install my computer asks for permission. Maybe the beta was v1.9 and they kept the same number for the final version.

RedneckDude

Quoting RedneckDude,

Reduced 81%
Original 820 x 701

Reduced 86%
Original 769 x 492

RedneckDude

These were not like this before the update.

As in, these same skins were ok with tiles before the update.

RedneckDude
Reply #9 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 6:32 PM

Quotes not working well from iPad.

LightStar
Reply #10 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 7:49 PM

Neil Banfield

I find that very offensive Neil.  Skins I designed in the past that worked perfectly on all aspects have over the years had several issues with Stardock updates. I have been working for over a year doing updates to fix them! For instance, my Cozy skin RedneckDude posted an image of (the green and orange one), was perfect with Start 10 1.8, no issues. My Zeta skin from a little while ago was perfect too, but using Start 10 1.9, it was screwed up. I take offense to your comment saying skinners are not designing their skins correctly. Maybe Stardock needs some better programmers!

jobirdz
Reply #11 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 7:50 PM

I updated and after the restart, I was blocked from my Google account. Uninstalled and then everything was ok with my computer. I would like to go back to the prior version. Is that possible? Do I start over on their home page? So sorry I updated this app!  Anyone else having these issues?

LightStar
Reply #12 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 7:52 PM

jobirdz

Just reinstall Start 10 v1.8 jobirdz, all will be fine.

RedneckDude
Reply #13 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 7:59 PM

RedneckDude

As in, these same skins were ok with tiles before the update.
  Same skin/settings with 1.8 installed.

Neil, it ain't the skin....

LightStar
Reply #14 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:00 PM

Exactly Jim!

jobirdz
Reply #15 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:01 PM

I get diverted to another site about adding a chrome extension for ads, or it takes me to the purchase page to buy it again. I have the key. I'm so frustrated and going in circles at this point trying to get what I had back.

LightStar
Reply #16 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:15 PM

jobirdz

Can you do a System Restore back to a point where things were working correctly?

jobirdz
Reply #17 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:22 PM

I have a friend I call when it starts getting into that. I tried to download from the page that has my receipt but it's the new updated version. I don't know enough to trouble shoot if it doesn't do what it's supposed to do. I'm going to live without it now. Thanks for your feedback. No way to call support. I've looked all over for it.

LightStar
Reply #18 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:30 PM

Check your Personal Messages jobirdz.

don5318
Reply #19 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:43 PM

LightStar

Quoting Neil Banfield,

I find that very offensive Neil.  Skins I designed in the past that worked perfectly on all aspects have over the years had several issues with Stardock updates. For instance, my Cozy skin RedneckDude posted an image of (the green and orange one), was perfect with Start 10 1.8, no issues. My Zeta skin from a little while ago was perfect too, but using Start 10 1.9, it was screwed up. I take offense to your comment saying skinners are not designing their skins correctly. Maybe Stardock needs some better programmers!

Ditto Tom, how convenient, my skins have been just fine for years, and now, when there's an update to Start10 (with issues), it's now the fault of the skinners, due to lack of proper designing, total BS!

Supergrovercmstorm
Reply #20 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:53 PM

don5318

Not a skinner but a buyer so if I update a bunch of my paid skins wont work right and it is the skinners fault? Yeah that goes over like a lead balloon.

Fix your software not the boatload of skins out there. Wont be spend another dollar here ( sorry Masters blame Stardock ) .

Your software up to you, but like most of the customize userbase I am out.