And a few useful 'how tos'
Saturday, February 15, 2020 by DrJBHL | Discussion: Personal Computing
The external link is a really useful explanation of how to add some power to the W10 context (right click) menu by Brady Gavin at How to Geek.
I won't waste your time with copying exactly how to do a registry edit, but I will reproduce the universal warning about editing the Windows registry:
"The Registry Editor is a powerful tool and, if it’s misused, it can render your system unstable or even inoperable."
and three more:
1. How to backup your registry: https://www.howtogeek.com/197785/how-to-backup-and-restore-the-windows-registry/
2. How to backup your computer: https://www.howtogeek.com/242428/whats-the-best-way-to-back-up-my-computer/
3. How to create a system restore point: https://www.howtogeek.com/237230/how-to-enable-system-restore-and-repair-system-problems-on-windows-10/
If you're afraid to do this by yourself, Brady Gavin has supplied two registry hack scripts to do all that editing...
"If you’d rather not edit the registry yourself, you can download our Add Move to/Copy to registry hack. Just open the ZIP file, double-click either “AddMoveTo.reg” or “AddCopyTo.reg,” and then click “Yes” to add the information to your registry." - Brady Gavin
However, do your backups and create a restore point before using the scripts (REG files).
And, have a great weekend!
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!