Guys, Don't Be Worried

It's Not Serious.....

Friday, October 11, 2019 by RedneckDude | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Just wanted to let y'all know, I'm having surgery on Oct. 25th.

Carpal tunnel, and cubital tunnel surgeries.  It's no big deal, but I don't know how well I'll be using a mouse after, and how long the healing process is. Once healed, I'll be doing the other arm as well.

So, if I'm scarce for a bit, I didn't die, and I will be back.  ( I know that isn't good news for some of you...lol )

LightStar
Reply #1 Friday, October 11, 2019 5:24 PM

You'll be just fine Jim!

RedneckDude
Reply #2 Friday, October 11, 2019 5:25 PM

Yeah, but will you be fine without me?

LightStar
Reply #3 Friday, October 11, 2019 5:27 PM

RedneckDude

Yeah, but will you be fine without me?

Of course! Just get well as soon as you can after the surgery.

neone6
Reply #4 Friday, October 11, 2019 6:00 PM

RedneckDude

Yeah, but will you be fine without me?

ALMonty
Reply #5 Friday, October 11, 2019 6:15 PM

Watching a lot of p0rn will do that...so I’m told

Take care of yourself Jim. We’re not going anywhere...I hope.

JuniorCrooks
Reply #6 Friday, October 11, 2019 6:43 PM

So you get to have a mini vacation, (You'll be back) in no time. Take good care.

RedneckDude
Reply #7 Friday, October 11, 2019 7:04 PM

ALMonty

Watching a lot of p0rn will do that...so I’m told

Take care of yourself Jim. We’re not going anywhere...I hope.
Al, dammit, I thought that was between us?

ALMonty
Reply #8 Friday, October 11, 2019 7:13 PM

RedneckDude

Al, dammit, I thought that was between us?

I have no idea what your talking about

basj
Reply #9 Friday, October 11, 2019 8:07 PM

Take care Jim...

Chasbo
Reply #10 Friday, October 11, 2019 11:41 PM

Take it easy Jim.

I think I may have carpal tunnel in my right hand. There's a numbness and tingle in my thumb and the next 2 fingers. Does this sound similar?

RedneckDude
Reply #11 Friday, October 11, 2019 11:48 PM

Yes. That would be carpal tunnel syndrome. I have been wearing braces to bed since 1995.  It gets old.

Eventually, it'll cause shooting pain up to the elbow.  Braces will help that. If you have issues, pain, hang your arm over the edge of the bed and the pain will subside.

The cubital tunnel syndrome is a pinched nerve in the elbow, causing numbness and pain in the other two fingers.

Combined, they can cause a loss of grip in the hand. Untreated, they can cause muscle atrophy in the hand, wrist, and forearm.

The doctors will be moving the nerve in my elbow to the side of my arm. And clipping the tendon/ligament (not sure which, Doc would likely know) in my wrist to relieve the pressure on the nerve going through the carpal tunnel in the wrist.

Repetitive motion is usually the cause.

It's no big deal, I just wanted you guys to know what's up. We have several members MIA, some with no idea as to why, I don't want anyone worrying over me.

Any surgery that requires being "put to sleep" has risks. But all in all, this is nothing major and an outpatient procedure.

My biggest risk is that I am a diabetic, and as such, healing isn't the best. Could cause gangrene (spelling) and loss of limb. But is unlikely in this case. I tend to heal well and have my diabetes controlled.

Jafo
Reply #12 Saturday, October 12, 2019 2:48 AM

Probably like Vikings disease....the rehab is worse than the op....

teddybearcholla
Reply #13 Saturday, October 12, 2019 8:44 AM

You'll be fine, Jim.

sydneysiders
Reply #14 Sunday, October 13, 2019 12:09 AM

Hope you heal fast... enjoy some free time....

what will you do without WC?.....     meditate perhaps....

RedneckDude
Reply #15 Sunday, October 13, 2019 6:57 PM

Meditation gets me into trouble...lol.

RedneckDude
Reply #16 Wednesday, October 16, 2019 10:26 PM

Today is my birthday, so I'm meditatin my ass off tonight!!!

Alone, of course....

basj
Reply #17 Wednesday, October 16, 2019 10:46 PM

Happy Birthday Jim... Take care...

RedneckDude
Reply #18 Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:08 PM

Ok, tomorrow is the big day.  I will be confined to an iPad and a Surface Pro for a bit, but I'll be around.  Won't be able to skin or anything.

Thanks to Brad for the new Touch tasks app!

adni18
Reply #19 Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:26 PM

Happy Birthday and good luck for tomorrow Jim!

Jeff T
Reply #20 Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:34 PM

The small amount of pain after my surgery was so much less than the agony that was...

I hope you find as much relief as I did.

Best to you.