White backgrounds on windowblinds

Friday, March 8, 2019 by JanOscar | Discussion: Skinning

A question to all you great wb-skinners out there: Why not at least a substyle with white backgrounds on your windowblind skins at least on skins where the design don't require another colour? I know I would buy and/or download a lot more skins, since I only like white for daily use.

RedneckDude
Reply #1 Friday, March 8, 2019 10:42 PM

Well, I think the thought is that most don't want white. But you can change them to white in WindowBlinds config under the Modify Theme button.

JanOscar
Reply #2 Friday, March 8, 2019 10:59 PM

RedneckDude

I have tried the "modify style" - change system colour options. Does not work correctly on many skins, and a few skins get totally messed up colourwise, so I gave that up.

And btw, I asked around at work, and nobody wanted anything but white as a background for daily use, so I can't be all alone.

don5318
Reply #3 Saturday, March 9, 2019 12:15 AM

Yrgal

What are you referring to as white background, the Explorer background color?

JanOscar
Reply #4 Saturday, March 9, 2019 5:13 PM

Yes, explorer background.

LightStar
Reply #5 Saturday, March 9, 2019 5:40 PM

Are you on Windows 7, 8 or 10 yrgal?

JanOscar
Reply #6 Saturday, March 9, 2019 6:31 PM

Windows 10.0.17763.348 64-bit Home

LightStar
Reply #7 Saturday, March 9, 2019 7:58 PM

Well, you can change it in SkinStudio easily enough. Open the skin in SkinStudio, click on Change skin colours, then use the dropdown to select Show me the skin defined system colours. Change the Window Background color to white, then scroll to the right and change the Explorer background (Win 10) and the Explorer folder bar background (Win 10) colors to white. Close the window and apply the skin, all fixed!

JanOscar
Reply #8 Sunday, March 10, 2019 9:35 AM

I haven't used SkinStudio for ages, but I guess it won't hurt to get back to get to know it again.

Thanks for your help!