Taskbar buttons Margin Move

Sunday, March 3, 2019 by nofx1994 | Discussion: Skinning

I have looked everywhere I could think these margins are, but can not seem to locate the right area and need some help please. thank youImage with buttons

Reply #1 Sunday, March 3, 2019 11:28 PM

Here it is without the buttons

DaveRI
Reply #2 Monday, March 4, 2019 3:04 AM

It looks like you'd want to add about 50 pixels of transparency to the right side of each of the 5 frames of the start button image.  It looks like the light brown area on the left side is actually part of the taskbar, not the start button. and the start button itself is maybe just the round graphic.  Making the startbutton wider by adding transparency will cause the other buttons to land further right.

Uvah
Reply #3 Monday, March 4, 2019 5:15 AM

@nofx1994...what theme are you using? It looks fascinating.

Reply #4 Monday, March 4, 2019 8:19 PM

Uvah it is actually my first windowblind theme I am working on, but it is a huge learning curve for me with how the program is setup.

Reply #5 Monday, March 4, 2019 8:21 PM

Thank you I will try this and hopefully it moves them to where I need them to be, and yes the brown is the taskbar and the start button is just a round start button.

DaveBax
Reply #6 Monday, March 4, 2019 8:41 PM

What is the actual size of your start button. in px. Length/width. Also the size of your taskbar buttons. Also the SB should have 5 btns on it and Taskbar button should have 6 buttons on it.

It shouldn't look like it shows on your image.

Reply #7 Monday, March 4, 2019 8:51 PM

DaveBax

It shouldn't look like it shows on your image.

I am using 3 because that is how I have always done it but guess with blinds it needs to be more?

Reply #8 Monday, March 4, 2019 8:54 PM

The taskbar buttons I have not gotten to yet so they are still what is used on the starter theme, but wanted to get all the bugs worked out as I go along (sorry that is force of habit in building for me).

LightStar
Reply #9 Monday, March 4, 2019 9:11 PM

Keep in mind though, if you add transparent pixels to the right side of the start button to increase the distance to the first taskbar button, you will affect the position of the start button on the vertical taskbars too.

Fantastic looking skin too!

DaveRI
Reply #10 Tuesday, March 5, 2019 12:17 AM

nofx1994

Don't know if it actually needs to be 5, but ya that's the normal.  If you click on the SKS "Help" tab in the lower right of your screenshot there, it'll tell you what each of the 5 state are (normal, pressed, disabled, mouseover, focus/default).

Reply #11 Tuesday, March 5, 2019 2:51 AM

LightStar

Fantastic looking skin too!

Thank you LightStar but it has quite a bit more to go before I would call it a skin right now it is just an ideal and if i can pull it off or not.

Reply #12 Tuesday, March 5, 2019 2:54 AM

thank you all for the input but I went another way about it and made a background for the start button that got me where I wanted to be and got it to move like it is opening when clicked.

DaveRI
Reply #13 Tuesday, March 5, 2019 3:38 AM

nofx1994

A little movement can be fun.

Uvah
Reply #14 Tuesday, March 5, 2019 4:22 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. Looks damn good so far.

djliamsaddress
Reply #15 Friday, March 8, 2019 9:11 AM
Reply #16 Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:41 AM

I figured instead of starting a new thread I would just continue with this one. Here is my newest set of issues. I have started on my frames but seems to be an issue with size maybe not really sure, but you will see in the two screens one has the address bar and one does not. I have tried resizing several times but not sure if there is a size restriction that I am unaware of.

Reply #17 Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:41 AM

Reply #18 Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:43 AM

here is from photoshop

Reply #19 Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:39 AM

well got most of it mocked up but still needs quite a bit of work with the margins and such but still that damn top haha

Reply #20 Wednesday, September 25, 2019 3:41 PM

Any of you older builders have any suggestions?