Whatever Happened to Objectbar?

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 by VampireFox10523 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

I've been looking for a good Mac like finderbar for Windows. I happened to see a youtube video of someone using what appears to be software that Stardock once had called "Objectbar". What happened to it? Did they discontinue it, and if so how come?

Uvah
Reply #1 Tuesday, August 21, 2018 1:25 PM

Sorry, don't know.

Island Dog
Reply #2 Tuesday, August 21, 2018 2:03 PM

It was discontinued many years ago.

michael564
Reply #3 Tuesday, August 21, 2018 3:27 PM

There's something very similar (maybe identical) called ObjectBar.

Uvah
Reply #4 Tuesday, August 21, 2018 5:24 PM

I checked that. Its version 2.1(Latest version claimed at one website) that goes back to 2006. Its history.

RedneckDude
Reply #5 Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:06 PM

ObjectBar, installed and working on Windows 10.

AzDude
Reply #6 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 3:29 AM

ObjectBar installed and working on my Windows 10 - 1803

JuniorCrooks
Reply #7 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 5:56 AM

You might be interested to know that I just made a working rainmeter version that was just uploaded. It will take some time to go through moderation.
For this all you need is rainmeter installed.

Uvah
Reply #8 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 6:53 AM

I have rainmeter installed. Looking forward to this one JC.

Island Dog
Reply #9 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 7:57 AM

Let me note that ObjectBar is a discontinued product and is not supported.

JuniorCrooks
Reply #10 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 8:35 AM

I have rainmeter installed. Looking forward to this one JC.

Thanks Ross, it is now available for download.

JuniorCrooks
Reply #11 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 12:04 PM

This is what it looks like with a OS X theme.

Uvah
Reply #12 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 3:24 PM

ALMonty
Reply #13 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 4:58 PM

It will work but everything will be off the sides of the screen. You would have to adjust the objects and the words in the .ini file.

I thought I save Objectbar, but I did find the download of it on the net called objectbar_public.exe. v2. It does work on Win 10 and it shows it as shareware which I don't know what that means cause there is nowhere to activate it..

AzDude
Reply #14 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 5:32 PM

ALMonty

Check in your " My Downloads " Stardock account it was still in mine .

ALMonty
Reply #15 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 5:38 PM

It's not in there. I don't see IconX either.

AzDude
Reply #16 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 5:44 PM

ALMonty

It's not in there. I don't see IconX either.

IconX is in " My Downloads " still.

Maybe I had all this stuff in My Downloads longer before you or others.

DaveBax
Reply #17 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 5:55 PM

ALMonty

It's not in there. I don't see IconX either.

Al you have been here longer then me and I have them both.

When you go into My downloads make sure you click on "Individual Downloads"

ALMonty
Reply #18 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 6:27 PM

I don't see it. Az I've been here months before you. I feel cheated  .

AzDude
Reply #19 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 6:48 PM

ALMonty

I don't see it. Az I've been here months before you. I feel cheated

You can have mine I don't use them anyway, I didn't even remember them till this Thread

I might have a few apps some of you don't have being part of the Support Team

JuniorCrooks
Reply #20 Wednesday, August 22, 2018 9:12 PM

"Question. I noticed your resolution is 1920 x 1080. Will this work at 1366 x 768?"

Yes it will work. You will not have to adjust anything like ALMonty said because everything is set to "keep on screen" and "snap to edges", also everything is dragable so just place stuff where you want.

You can also open up the bars image folder and simply resize them if you want but that should not be necessary.

By the way, clicking on the "view" option will hide and show the taskbar and start menu.