Deskscapes will not work on my WIN 10

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 by bigboyzback | Discussion: Animated Wallpapers

no matter what I try deskscapes will not work on the latest 1709 Win 10...when I click on the switcher nothing happens ..it brings up the window where you choose what you want to do in deskscapes..but when  I click on the changer option..it just brings up the background picture changer( the regular one thats with WIN 10) and theres no choice anywhere there to use deskscapes and when I go to the folder with the dream files in it and right click on a dream file and choose change to desktop picture on the file nothing happens at all ???

Reply #1 Tuesday, August 7, 2018 7:03 PM

Hello,

Would you Please try this PURGE: https://forums.stardock.com/485954/deskscapes-support-faq#reinstalling

Reboot and ReInstall the latest version.

Stardock Community Assistant

bigboyzback
Reply #2 Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:10 AM

I did that like 3 times already..no change and I even gave the APP admin rights too...someone else said to install K-lite Codec pack and that also made no difference....

bigboyzback
Reply #3 Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:14 AM

I tried installing it back when I had the 1607 Win 10 build and now with the newest 1709 Build and it never worked...both times I went to the stardock website and download the latest version of it...I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I already use windowblinds 10 too??..but I just use a normal background picture..

Reply #4 Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:45 AM

Hello

Would you Please try a Clean Boot: https://forums.stardock.com/485954/deskscapes-support-faq#cleanboot

Stardock Community Assistant

bigboyzback
Reply #5 Wednesday, August 8, 2018 8:21 PM

I did all that you told me to but still nothing ..but I did notice that when I went to activate the product..it said something went wrong and I would have to activate it thru email..so I did that tonight...I wonder if thats why it still wont work??..the product isnt activated yet???

bigboyzback
Reply #6 Wednesday, August 8, 2018 8:21 PM

I have to wait now until I get an email back that its ben activated

bigboyzback
Reply #7 Thursday, August 9, 2018 6:07 PM

well I did everything that you told me to and I actually work in the IT field and its got me baffled...I dont get it...its installed but theres still something blocking it

bigboyzback
Reply #8 Thursday, August 9, 2018 6:15 PM

let me ask you this?? when you bring up the APP and you click on changing the dreamscapes picture and it brings up the WIN 10 background picture panel..where are you supposed to see the dreamscapes APP in that window..where should it appear there..

Reply #9 Thursday, August 9, 2018 6:31 PM

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

When you open the Deskscapes program have you check your settings and updated

your product Key , see below ..

Stardock Community Assistant

Reply #10 Thursday, August 9, 2018 6:43 PM

Hello,

You say you did a uninstall and reinstall , BUT did you ACTUALLY do the PURGE and try a CLEAN BOOT ?

a Purge  is different than a regular uninstall !!

and a Clean Boot allows to to open the program with no interference from other programs !!

the 3rd photo above shows you the dream preview windows when the app is open

then click apply to my desktop to run the actual dream.

Stardock Community Assistant

Reply #11 Thursday, August 9, 2018 7:47 PM

Hello, make sure you are using Deskscapes version 8.51 for Windows 10

Stardock Community Assistant

Reply #12 Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:11 PM

Hello, also you might want to install latest version of Lav Decoder http://www.free-codecs.com/download/lav_filters.htm

Stardock Community Assistant

bigboyzback
Reply #13 Thursday, August 9, 2018 11:25 PM

I finally got it to work..I was downloading an older version and I dint know it...I got the correct one and its all good now thanx for all your help

MasterPhW
Reply #14 Saturday, October 6, 2018 5:01 AM

Since the problem of the OP has been answered, I thought it would be fitting to ask here, instead of creating a new thread.
Are there any known problems with Win 10 v1809 (October Update)? I can't get it to run at all with my 2 screens. I purged the installation, updated the flv filters and reinstalled, but still a black screen instead of my dreamscenes.

Reply #15 Saturday, October 6, 2018 5:25 AM

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

I use the KLite Mega Codec Pack https://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm

Not using 1809 yet but good to have your codecs up to date .

Does Deskscapes run on one screen OK ?

What resolution are you running on each screen ?

report back here , please.

Stardock Community Assistant

sdRohan
Reply #16 Monday, October 8, 2018 10:14 AM

MasterPhW

Right now, there is a known issue with DS and the Win10 October update.  If two monitors are not the same resolution, there may be issues.  If you set them to the same, it should be fine.

We are looking into the issue and will announce any resolution.

----------------
Sean Drohan
Stardock Customer Service Manager

MasterPhW
Reply #17 Monday, October 8, 2018 5:20 PM

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Not using 1809 yet but good to have your codecs up to date .

Does Deskscapes run on one screen OK ?

What resolution are you running on each screen ?

report back here , please.

Stardock Community Assistant

I am always using k-lite standard for updating my codecs, but also tried to update the LAV decoders, after it had been suggested here.

It doesn't run at all, no matter whether I check only one or two screens.

One of my screens has 1920x1080p and the other one has a 1680x1050px resolution.

sdRohan

Right now, there is a known issue with DS and the Win10 October update.  If two monitors are not the same resolution, there may be issues.  If you se them to the same, it should be fine.

We are looking into the issue and will announce any resolution.

----------------
Sean Drohan
Stardock Customer Service Manager

Looking forward to the solution.
Thanks for answering.

MasterPhW
Reply #18 Monday, January 7, 2019 11:34 AM

Is there a solution yet? New year, new luck, maybe?
Missing my dreamscapes on my Win 10 1809 PCs.

Btw: happy new year folks.

Reply #19 Monday, January 7, 2019 11:45 AM

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Deskscapes works fine on one monitor with win 1809 as you can see by the amount

of dreams I am uploading and running.

With multi Monitors know issue is still being looked into.

Try starting all monitors in the same 1920x1080 resolution at startup

and then make res. change after some say that works .

All will be notified when a solution is available .

Stardock Community Assistant

bigboyzback
Reply #20 Tuesday, January 8, 2019 5:01 AM

heres the issue that I am still having..I had last yrs deskscapes alread and I paid for the upgrade to the newest version and they never sent me an  upgraded product key..all that I have is the old one but I already paid for the upgrade..the old key doesnt work anymore..I never got a new key as I was supposed to get..when I go to the page with all my product ID codes are the new key doesnt show up there and it never has..they owe me a new product ID code