Where can I find the Purge Files for all of Stardocks apps?

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 by VampireFox10523 | Discussion: WinCustomize Talk

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can get all of the purge files for Stardocks software? I'm looking for one for Skin Studio. I've tried searching through the forums but couldn't find anything.

ALMonty
Reply #1 Wednesday, May 23, 2018 8:31 PM

Try Control Panel>Programs and Features

basj
Reply #2 Wednesday, May 23, 2018 9:04 PM

Hello,

All main application of Stardock have its FAQ sections. Usually all "purge and reinstall" link was posted in one of those FAQ sections. Saying that, SkinStudio is more like supporting software for Windowblinds, hence there was no purge link create for it, not that I know off. You can still use the normal uninstall and reinstall suggested by AlMonty.

BTW may I know what is the problem you having with Skinstudio?

Basj,

Stardock Community Assistant

VampireFox10523
Reply #3 Wednesday, May 23, 2018 10:29 PM

I'm not really having a problem with it. I just thought I might try purging it to see if it would fix or at least help with the problem that I described in my last forum page you replied on. But I figured out that Skin Studio isn't the problem, Start10 is. I did get a few good results from that issue by playing around with purging and installing the apps in different orders. I happened to get the blur effect back on Start10's start menu and the Window borders. The only thing that doesn't work is the taskbar. I know some who may read this may be thinking, "Why is the blur effect such as big deal?".

I Literally only use two themes for WindowBlinds10, the default Diamond theme, and 8for7 by 2of3. I almost always use the Diamond theme because Windows 7 is my favorite Windows version especially back in the day when Microsoft released the Aero Glass theme in which Diamond does really well at replicating. The Stardock design team did a great job. I feel like I'm using 7 again. The Blur effect was on of the essential main things of this theme and to not be able to have that is very frustrating. I do not want to give up or wait until the next WindowBlinds version comes out and time to time I get irritated at this. That's why it bothers me so much.

Jafo
Reply #4 Wednesday, May 23, 2018 10:33 PM

VampireFox10523

Not helping your issue, but just as an aside, my favourite Win ver is also Win 7 hence why I am still using it as my prime OS ...

VampireFox10523
Reply #5 Wednesday, May 23, 2018 10:39 PM

Nice!   I don't like 10 at all. My computer came with 8.1 in which I upgraded and regret doing so. Apparently my 8.1 product key was relpaced with 10. I actually wish I had 7 on my system but the 10 upgrade was free and 7 product keys aren't cheap. I bought my machine in 2015 so I don't think that my newer hardware would cope well. Buy yeah if I were you I wouldn't upgrade until 7 officially looses updates in 2020.

Jafo
Reply #6 Wednesday, May 23, 2018 10:56 PM

My system was effectively too new for 7 also ....had to do a bit of 'fiddling' to get things to work....M.2 drive, UEFI boot and  DDR4 ram being part of it.

All the other machines run 10 with varying success [last update killed Edge on the laptop], but I doubt I'll be changing from 7 even by 2020.  This computer cost too much to be nobbled by a B-grade OS....

VampireFox10523
Reply #7 Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:28 PM

Awesome! I mean yeah I guess I could get 7 to work on my machine but I'd have to do a fresh install which means I'd loose all my installed games, apps, files, etc. I have so much stuff installed and I have horrible internet so it would take me forever to install all my games again. The Diamond theme in WindowBlinds is pretty much why I use it. I remember seeing the screenshot that Stardock has displayed on the WindowBlinds homepage and I felt like I had to get. Do you have an recommendations on how I could get a blur effect on the taskbar? Perhaps using a different method etc.? Note, I don't consider any advice to be stupid so don't be afraid to share.

basj
Reply #8 Thursday, May 24, 2018 5:53 AM

VampireFox10523

Hello,

Sorry for the delay respond was looking at your problem. I think I have a solution for you to try. Please point me to that forum post you mentioned above, so I can put the solution there.

Basj,

Stardock Community Assistant

VampireFox10523
Reply #9 Thursday, May 24, 2018 11:59 AM
basj
Reply #10 Thursday, May 24, 2018 12:22 PM

I can reproduce your problem on my windows 10 system. And I think I might have a solution for you.

I am assuming you have Start10, Windowblind 10 all applies and all good except the "no blur problem".

1. Try disable windowblind by applying Windows default theme. (do not uninstall windowblinds)

2. Open Start10 configuration windows, goto "Desktop" setting and make sure "Blur the wallpaper under the taskbar" selected select your transparency as you like. (note: this whole section will be grayed out if you have windowblinds active.)

3. Apply Windowblinds theme again. And see if that solve your problem. It did on mine.

Let me know the outcome.

Basj,

Stardock Community Assistant

VampireFox10523
Reply #11 Thursday, May 24, 2018 12:38 PM

Hey it worked! Wow... don't know why I didn't think of this. Thanks!

basj
Reply #12 Thursday, May 24, 2018 12:44 PM

Great. Glad it work. Thanks for reporting back.

Basj,