Is there a purge bat file for WindowBlinds?

Saturday, May 19, 2018 by VampireFox10523 | Discussion: WindowBlinds

Hi,

I'm having some issues with all my themes in WindowBlinds10. The Blur effect does not work whatsoever. I go into SkinStudio and it says that the background effect for the taskbar is set to Blur. I've tried installing the Stardock programs in different orders but nothing works. It even does this for the default themes installed with the program. The only thing I can think about doing is using a purge .bat script to see if that works. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

AzDude
Reply #1 Saturday, May 19, 2018 2:15 PM

Hello

Would you Please try this PURGE:  https://forums.stardock.com/486023/windowblinds-support-faq#reinstalling

Reboot and ReInstall the latest version

AzDude

Stardock Community Assistant

VampireFox10523
Reply #2 Saturday, May 19, 2018 3:21 PM

It didn't fix the issue. I have no idea what to do. As you can see in the screenshot it's still in a semi-transparent mode. I've played around with everything for hours and tried everything up my sleeve. Note that it does this for every theme and anything I select out of the three options in Skin Studio.

BigDogBigFeet
Reply #3 Saturday, May 19, 2018 4:20 PM

WindowBlinds has its own Blur settings and will override.  Check Configure WindowBlinds > Modify style > Transparency.

VampireFox10523
Reply #4 Saturday, May 19, 2018 4:42 PM

That doesn't seem to do the trick either. I even selected "Force Blur Effect" but come up short. This is really irritating, I've never ran into this problem before.

VampireFox10523
Reply #5 Saturday, May 19, 2018 5:13 PM

Well I found out what the problem is....

For some reason Start 10 conflicts with WindowBlinds.

After deciding to play around some more, I did the following steps:

1. I ran the WB purge .bat file.

2. I then ran the Start10 purge .bat file.

3. Restarted my computer.

4. Installed and activated WB.

"What do you know the blur effect came back!"

5. Installed and activated Start10.

After that it went away.

So to be sure that it was Start10 doing this I ran the Start10 purge file and reinstalled it and it happened again.

So yeah for some reason they conflict with each other. I have no idea on how to solve this but at least I know what's causing it.

basj
Reply #6 Sunday, May 20, 2018 12:29 AM

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. May I know what version of Windows you have installed in your system?

Basj,

Stardock Community Assistant.

VampireFox10523
Reply #7 Sunday, May 20, 2018 12:32 AM

Windows 10 Home (Build 17134)

basj
Reply #8 Sunday, May 20, 2018 12:54 AM

That might be the problem. Looking at the problem reported here about version 1803 and looking at your version which release around the same time (both is codenamed RedStone 4, is it the same version?). I worried that is the problem. I might be wrong.

Hopefully when the new version of Windowblinds come. All this problem will be solve.

Basj,

Stardock Community Assistant

basj
Reply #9 Thursday, May 24, 2018 12:23 PM

I can reproduce your problem on my windows 10 system. And I think I might have a solution for you.

I am assuming you have Start10, Windowblind 10 all applies and all good except the "no blur problem".

1. Try disable windowblind by applying Windows default theme. (do not uninstall windowblinds)

2. Open Start10 configuration windows, goto "Desktop" setting and make sure "Blur the wallpaper under the taskbar" selected select your transparency as you like. (note: this whole section will be grayed out if you have windowblinds active.)

3. Apply Windowblinds theme again. And see if that solve your problem. It did on mine.

Let me know the outcome.

Basj,

Stardock Community Assistant

VampireFox10523
Reply #10 Thursday, May 24, 2018 12:38 PM

Hey it worked! Wow... don't know why I didn't think of this. Thanks!

basj
Reply #11 Thursday, May 24, 2018 12:46 PM

Great. Glad it work. Thanks for reporting back.

Basj,