My favorite comedian back in the day

understanding southern.

Sunday, April 1, 2018 by Uvah | Discussion: Everything Else

starkers
Reply #1 Sunday, April 1, 2018 9:29 PM

The lady absolutely steals the show and by far is the more entertaining.  She made me laugh more than Cosby did.

starkers
Reply #2 Monday, April 2, 2018 6:18 PM

Here's one of my fave comedians......

Jafo
Reply #3 Monday, April 2, 2018 10:12 PM

A true genius.....writing credits for others was.....extensive...

admiralWillyWilber
Reply #4 Tuesday, April 3, 2018 4:16 AM

Between fat albert, and bill cosby he was a major factor into creating me. Who would of thought he was bad. As comedians go tim conway is better.

Uvah
Reply #5 Tuesday, April 3, 2018 9:55 AM

One liners

starkers
Reply #6 Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:48 PM

Sadly, Cosby is still with us and Marty Feldman and Rodney Dangerfield aren't.  The latter two were by far the funnier of them.

Here's a few of my fave comedians in Yellowbeard.

jamorgan93
Reply #7 Wednesday, April 4, 2018 1:24 AM

Here are my top 3 favorites in no particular order:

Bill Cosby

Robin Williams

Adam Sandler

Uvah
Reply #8 Wednesday, April 4, 2018 10:47 AM

No comedy show is complete without this one.

starkers
Reply #9 Wednesday, April 4, 2018 7:00 PM

Hmmm..... an American who knows of Benny Hill.

Well if you like Benny Hill, give this bloke a look, then.....

starkers
Reply #10 Thursday, April 5, 2018 12:09 AM

Charlie Drake.... another fave comedian.

Uvah
Reply #11 Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:12 PM

I never did get British humor. Maybe 'cause I don't speak the language.

Anyway...on with the show. This one from the 1940's. Bowery Boys. These dudes ransacked the neighborhoods I grew up in.

starkers
Reply #12 Thursday, April 5, 2018 9:40 PM

I never did get British humor. Maybe 'cause I don't speak the language.

You do speak it, just a convoluted and distorted version of it because the 'founding fathers' saw it as a way to sever ties with England.  And what a lazy attempt it was, too, just dropping a few letters here and there, changing a few spellings.  If they really wanted to sever ties it should have been like the Boston Tea Party and chucked the whole lot out.  Yup, they should have invented a whole new language instead of pinching ours a effing around with it.

I mean, no other nation changed the spelling of the English language, just the damned Yankees.

Seriously, I don't get some American humour, especially some of the politically inspired stuff.  And I could not stand Laverne and Shirley or The Lucy Show.  Those squawking high pitched voices were a complete turn off. How anybody could think they were funny beats the heck out of me.... not to mention those fake blonde bimbo voices... not funny at all.

Anyway, a US sitcom I did enjoy was Benson

Uvah
Reply #13 Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:03 AM

Uvah
Reply #14 Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:04 AM

starkers
Reply #15 Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:46 AM

Another of my fave shows....