Need help with Library text color.

Thursday, December 28, 2017 by Z71 | Discussion: WindowBlinds

On windows 7, when you click on the explorer icon in the taskbar (the yellow folder icon), a new window will open that looks like this.

It changed the text from green to purple. It only does it after I change the colors in skin studio. Haven't even touched the windows 7/8 part colors yet.  I've open all the files in the folder and tried to hunt the color down, to ne success.

It's never happened before. I've checked all my old skins and the text is green like it's suppose to be. Even other skinners blinds have the green text.

Question: do you know what's happening or how to change it back.

Thanks.

LightStar
Reply #1 Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:38 PM

Neone6 can probably help you on this Z71, he knows what color changes in SKS affect that.

DaveBax
Reply #2 Thursday, December 28, 2017 8:09 PM

Neone6 I know has changed that color. I on the other hand have spent hours and years trying to find what changes it.

Hopefully Andrew will reply here or if you send him a PM maybe you can post the location here.

I have gone through every UIS file and anything else I could think of. Not to smart here I guess.

neone6
Reply #3 Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:53 PM

Messing around with "Selected item" colour in Skin colours will have an effect on that area, HOWEVER, the colour you choose is NOT the colour that the library TXT will have..... sort of the opposite of what you choose, but not really. As I said, mess around with it and you will see what I mean

Z71
Reply #4 Friday, December 29, 2017 7:12 AM

neone6, that did the trick. I changed it to a deep, dark blue and the green text matched perfect with the blind.

Now the good and bad part.

The Bad:

1.) We we have to go through this process to get the right color. 2.) That it messes up lots of other areas of the skin. I could name 10 off the top of my head. One major one is Firefox ( if you use the menu at the top).

The Good:

It only affects one small area of the skin and it's something, I'm sure I and others, can live with.

For those who would like to change the colors, here is a small, brief breakdown of the colors changes.

Changing the color to green will change the text to yellow. Blue to green. Red to purple and yellow to red. You'd have to really plat around with it, to get the perfect match.

Thanks again, neone6.

DaveBax
Reply #5 Friday, December 29, 2017 7:54 AM

Thanks for the info. Now that you said how to do it I believe I knew that at one time as my brain tells me I tried this before. There are to many colors that do nothing to change from Green. As you both said it messes with other areas you don't want changed.

For the amount of time I actually see the Libraries word it's not worth changing for the destruction it can cause. At lease for me.

Thanks again Andrew for putting this to bed for me.

neone6
Reply #6 Friday, December 29, 2017 8:07 AM

Thanks again, neone6.
Brightness/Darkness of the Colour-shade DOES also have an impact on the Lib Txt Colour !

-NOW we put it 2 bed, night night ZZzzz.....

Uvah
Reply #7 Friday, December 29, 2017 8:25 AM

I had a similar problem when Sysmetrix was still around. The hexidecimal values were opposite what is called for when you open the color picker in PS. Reversing the numbers solved that problem. Maybe this will be of some help.