May I please have a second opinion on custom skin Ive been making,...

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 by mwzun | Discussion: WindowBlinds

Ok, so I am undecided on which color i should go with, or if I should make one active and other inactive... And besides that, can I get some constructive criticism? Like how do you feel about the look of the titlebars, would you use the skin, etc... Keep in mind I am only showing the window frames in this image because I didnt want to give away too much in case i decide to go public with it (I havent gone public with any yet - sorry guys! Just dont think people would be interested in my custom designs but have been doing it over a decade).

link to screencap is above link.

Gaspershooters
Reply #1 Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:10 AM

Just do it,nothing is going lose. It's a great concept,thus I have seen one skin about the same based on that character before.

Uvah
Reply #2 Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:44 AM

You're doing a fine job. Keep going then let us know how it goes.

LightStar
Reply #3 Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:36 AM

Looking really good to me mwzun! Never give up, your work is definitely worth seeing.

DaveBax
Reply #4 Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:50 AM

First, I'm happy to see anyone that attempts to make a windowblind. You are all welcome.

However to say you want constructive criticism while just showing a frame is like how do you like my shoes without showing everything you are wearing. Start with the startmenu and build off of that.

Take a look at some uploaded Windowblind screen shots. Show the startmenu, taskbar with buttons. Thing is you need to show more.

There are people here that will help and guide you along the way with questions you will have. As I see it you have two options if you want real opinions. One do as mentioned in reply one. Just do it. Two you really want input then show more of what you want thoughts on.

Not everyone is going to like all designs, colors, etc. As far as colors again, if you like them that is what counts. Asking people if they like the colors you are using will do little. Some will and some won't. So use what you like. Don't ever expect you are going to make all happy. MAKE yourself happy first and enjoy making a skin and uploading it here for the people to enjoy. Let the rest take it course.

Enjoy.

neone6
Reply #5 Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:09 AM

how do you feel about the look
Watch out for El Hombre del Spidro   Looks right, Just keep goin !

Uvah
Reply #6 Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:56 PM

neone6

El Hombre del Spidro

Loosely translated......the Spider Dude.

neone6