Getting the "Explorer Info Pane" etc back.

*OldNewExplorer* can do it so maybe it's not impossible?

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 by neone6 | Discussion: WindowBlinds

Heya Guyz

Just installed the latest WB Beta and I am SO proud of Neil & the work he has made !

3 things comes to mind though (actually came to mind some time ago)

-1. Can the "Explorer Info Pane" be brought back into native Windowblinds just like in "OldNewExplorer" 'cause it was AWESOME to skin ? (see pic)

-2. The "Top on libraries" section was also such an AWESOME bit to skin, same question goes for that as the one above.

-3. Some time ago (Win 7 era) Neil made it so you could have wider sides to your frames, but if you skin like that now menue bars "File" button actually stop working for some reason, can this be looked into ?

-I haven't whined in quite some time now so I hope this wont cause too much of a rain of acid coming down on me

Sincerely

n e o n e 6

Reply #1 Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:40 PM

Hm.... no one's got anything to say about any of this...not even a thought or 2 ??

Reply #2 Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:11 PM

neone6

Well I had a thought but not an answer so didn't reply. With win7 Explorer without WB you can see Info pane and Libraries areas that are controlled by an image. On win 10 File Explorer I don't see how anything can be added to skin these areas. They don't even exist on win 10 File explorer. So how would one skin something that isn't even there or available.

Now, would I like it to be able to be done? Sure I would.

Reply #3 Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:22 PM

DaveBax

Now, would I like it to be able to be done? Sure I would.
"oldNewExplorer can add the Explorer info pane so.....I just thought these questions were valid

The picture up there shows how it's there on Windows 10 using "OldNewExplorer"

Reply #4 Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:41 PM

neone6

The picture up there shows how it's there on Windows 10 using "OldNewExplorer"

Nothing wrong with what you are asking.

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have OldNewExplorer and don't show what you are showing with File Explorer on win10. I have no bottom info pane.

Reply #5 Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:57 PM

DaveBax

I have no bottom info pane.
It's in one of the Settings/checkboxes, can't recall which one, but you can get it back ! Promise

Reply #6 Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:26 PM

Quoting DaveBax,

I have no bottom info pane.

Can't find anything here. Have it all checked except for "use alternate navigation buttons style". This only has to do with buttons on top. for the hell of it I checked it to try it again but it doesn't show the info pane. I don't believe Lightstar has it either from a SS he sent me a while back.

Nothing else for me to check. What version number are you using?

I would think it should be where it says "Show details pane on the bottom". It's all checked as I said except for the one thing listed above

LightStar
Reply #7 Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:49 PM

Click on the Organize button in explorer Dave, then Layout and Details Pane.

Your OldNewExplorer settings are same as mine, so they are fine.

Reply #8 Wednesday, September 21, 2016 5:22 PM

LightStar

Click on the Organize button in explorer Dave, then Layout and Details Pane.

Your OldNewExplorer settings are same as mine, so they are fine.

Tom that is not what Andrew is showing or saying. Look at the bottom of what Andrew says is his win10 file explorer. For me I think he is talking about the Explorer Info pane/Background image. Mine looks like that on win 7 Window Explorer but I sure don't have it on win 10 File Explorer.

LightStar
Reply #9 Wednesday, September 21, 2016 5:37 PM

Well, I have it in my Windows 10 Dave, unless you turn it off in the setting I mentioned.

Reply #10 Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:29 AM

So I guess it's settled that it can be done with "o.n.e." that's why I wrote the post....Maybe more things can be done and even IN WindowBlinds itself.

-Also there is the issue with W i d e frame sides that I mentioned

Reply #11 Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:19 AM

Andrew are you using the Anniversary update? Tom doesn't have it installed and has the bottom info pain using Old new explorer. I do have it installed and don't have the bottom info pane. Everything is set correctly on my old new explorer.

Reply #12 Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:55 AM

Yo Dave,

-I think that as Tom explained it's probably in the actual windows settings you have to make it appear.

Apparently there's a setting there for if you want it to show or not....hmmm when I think about it a bit more, why would windows 10 have that setting if the Explorer info bar was taken away in 10 in the first place..... I'm dizzy now lol

-And I think I am using the Anniv. Uppd. as I had this Huge update with text saying that "bla bla for an online world bla bla"

I hope my Wider frames issue will be addressed some time later

RedneckDude
Reply #13 Thursday, September 22, 2016 12:02 PM

neone6

Andy, use the run box, type winver, hit enter. See if you have Windows version 1607.

RedneckDude
Reply #14 Thursday, September 22, 2016 1:01 PM

Dave. Box below the one with red outline.

Reply #15 Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:10 PM

RedneckDude

Dave. Box below the one with red outline.

Yes got it. Actually had the settings correct. I uninstalled oldnewexplorer and installed it again. All went well

Reply #16 Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:25 PM

All went well

So you have it now ?

Reply #17 Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:10 PM

Quoting DaveBax,

All went well

So you have it now ?

Yes except for two icons on the bottom right side. Nothing I unchecked gets rid of them. No big deal. I can live with it.

Reply #18 Friday, September 23, 2016 3:02 AM