help for vision impaired user

for windowblinds skin

Friday, August 5, 2016 by hope4life | Discussion: Skinning

hello everyone,

I have a program for the blind called zoomtext, it magnifies and inverts colors. updated features require windows 10 however so I updated from windows 7. I don't want to return bc these new features help a lot. but...windows 10 interface is NOT vision impaired friendly.

I found windowblinds in google searching for help. downloaded/bought that with object desktop. played a lil with skin studio but I'm clearly not as geeky as id like to be lol thought I could handle it but theres a lot more to it them my limited vision can handle right now.

I have NF2, a genetic disorder that causes tumors on nerves through my body. main areas are in brain and spine. ive gone deaf, cant walk well anymore, cant eat solid foods and blind in one eye with the other side slowly decreasing the more I strain it...by looking at small thin fonts. pc is all I really got to the outside world but windows 10  has really messed that up for me to now.

I'm wondering if anyone could be so kind as to create a custom skin to fit my vision needs or point me in the direction on how to find and install a new skin? it would be very basic, same font/font size for everything with menues or title bars or text boxes. no gradients or custom images and no effects/transparency nor sound effects....if anyone can help me, id really appreciate it and can discuss more details in future posts. I'm open to answer any questions as well so feel free to ask. thanks so much!

Amber

DaveBax
Reply #1 Friday, August 5, 2016 11:46 AM

Would be more then happy to try and help you. I can only change my skins. you could change other skins but I'm not allowed to do that and then send it to you.

On the main page of Wincustomize on the top right you will see Search. Type in davebax and click the search icon. If you find a skin of mine you think will work for you send me a PM and we will go from there. Remember if you find a skin the fonts, text size can all be changed. Even background colors to White if that will help you. You never using skinstudio it would be very hard for you to figure it all out.

ZubaZ
Reply #2 Friday, August 5, 2016 12:55 PM

DaveBax

On the main of Wincustomize on the top right you will see Search. Type in davebax and click the search icon. If you find a skin of mine you think will work for you send me a PM and we will go from there. Remember if you find a skin the fonts, text size can all be changed. Even background colors to White if that will help you. You never using skinstudio it would be very hard for you to figure it all out.
You're awesome Dave!

hope4life
Reply #3 Saturday, August 6, 2016 7:12 PM

thank you dave! i just got time to check messages. ill  try to see what i can find. next trick will to figure out ways to test or just instal/download one

bluedxca93
Reply #4 Monday, August 8, 2016 5:26 AM

maybe you can try it. just an idea. created it some time ago. doesn have any effects and you can see min max close buttons very easily.

DaveBax
Reply #5 Monday, August 8, 2016 10:57 AM

bluedxca93

That won't work for what this person needs. Also it not very good on Windows 10.

I working with her through email. Everything is being covered to make it easy for her and still have class.

larsbb
Reply #6 Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:19 PM

Hi Dave,

My father has Macular degeneration, and likely could benefit from your scheme. Could you please publish so I can try help him use his computer again?

Thanks,