ObjectDock fix Windows 10

Sunday, July 24, 2016 by ff hash | Discussion: ObjectDock

I don't think I've ever posted here, but I'll make my first post count.

So as the title says, it is a fix for the choppy, buggy issues that have been happening with ObjectDock 2.20 in Windows 10 (All versions I would say).

Firstly, uninstall 2.20.
Next, install version 2.0.50727 (earlier version).
Register with your key.
Bang, all issues are gone, including the invisible icon, laggy and choppy menus... etc etc.

I have 2 menus (top and bottom of screen) and they are packed with icons, so far they have been running flawless for hours.

I hope this helps some of you.

If I am allowed to post a link to my version on Admins permission I will do so.

Cheers
- H

Jafo
Reply #1 Sunday, July 24, 2016 6:39 PM

If I am allowed to post a link to my version on Admins permission I will do so.

It is up to Stardock as to what versions of their products may or may not be made available for distribution/download.

There is certainly no guarantee that an older version is any better [or worse] for an OS for which it was not designed specifically and thus any such permission will not be forthcoming...

gevansmd
Reply #2 Sunday, July 24, 2016 11:44 PM

I moved on to Nexus Ultimate when OD became very slow and sometimes unusable.

ff hash
Reply #3 Tuesday, July 26, 2016 2:43 PM

That being said, a product that works is better than one that does not. I thought it would be implied that my question was "to whoever could allow the decision"... the short cut was to put Admin. Good to see another forum where help is appreciated. *thumbs up*

NeilBalmer
Reply #4 Sunday, September 4, 2016 6:22 AM

I wouldn't mind giving this idea a shot, however google is completely useless at finding legit old versions of software.

MarkSnyder61
Reply #5 Wednesday, February 8, 2017 1:57 PM

I'm thinking of doing the same. OD is working on my Win 10 but very slow and buggy feel to it. I downloaded Nexus Free version and really like it.

Uvah
Reply #6 Wednesday, February 8, 2017 5:35 PM

For whatever its worth. I run the latest version of ObjectDock on Win 10 and it works just fine. There are no invisible icons if you uncheck show running programs. It isnt choppy and/or buggy. YMMV

Hakki Eroglu
Reply #7 Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:26 PM

I have used for many years in windows 10 (version objectdock plus v2.0) works flawlessly

Chasbo
Reply #8 Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:41 AM

I'm using 1.90 Plus and it works perfectly. Been using this version since it came out. Oh I'm running Win 10 Ver 1903. This is a new computer but OD 1.90 worked great on my old Win 10 machine and my old Win 7 machine as well.

ZubaZ
Reply #9 Sunday, September 22, 2019 11:04 AM

Chasbo

The best thing about 1.x is the easter egg on the about screen.

RedneckDude
Reply #10 Sunday, September 22, 2019 1:22 PM

I miss something I assume...

Ah, I see.   Had to install it to find out...lol.